How do you store/organize your magazines ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do you store/organize your magazines ?

URGueyes
03-14-2010, 09:03
I have various calibers at about 12 mags per.

You guys never cease to amaze me with ingenious methods you come up with for things like this.

How do you store and organize your magazines ?

Glockaholic
03-14-2010, 11:21
I have various calibers at about 12 mags per.

You guys never cease to amaze me with ingenious methods you come up with for things like this.

I'm in your same situation and I have been using the cases below for years. I'm easily able to fit 8 Glock mags per case (6 in the pockets and 2 across the top). When I first started buying these they were $6.00, however, they are on sale at Midway from time to time for about $8.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=174266

ronin.45
03-14-2010, 15:50
I store mine the same way but I use California Competition Works pouches. They are more expensive but also much heavier construction. Either way they keep mags organized.

community
03-15-2010, 14:24
I store mine like this: one on top of my desk; one in my car; one in my nightstand; one on my belt; and one in the great room.

NYresq
03-27-2010, 09:56
A big +1 for the california comp works bags.
They come in 4,6 and 8 mag sizes and different colors. I use the 6 or 8 mag size pouches with a different color for different caliber mags. 9mm- purple, 40/357- red, 45- green and 10mm- black.
Heavy nylon with heavy duty stitching. I just grab the proper magpouch and toss it in the range bag with whichever pistol I am taking and dont have to worry about sorting through a box full of mags.

NYresq
03-27-2010, 09:57
I also write on the cover flap with a black sharpie which caliber, and the black bag I used a silver sharpie...

RickyD
04-02-2010, 09:35
That is easy to answer and a picture says more than a thousand words...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/HPIM1166.jpg

Njanear
04-02-2010, 19:48
I bought some inexpensive small storage boxes with fitted tops, so that I can put all of my extra Glock mags in one, my S&W & Beretta mags in another, my extra AR mags in another, etc. The boxes are clear, so I can look in and see what is in each.

Taz
04-03-2010, 15:24
Bought one of those rubber maid 3 drawer cabinets for my garage. One of the drawers is for mags. Each caliber/gun type goes into a gallon sized zip lock baggie which is them labeled with a sharpie. I also label each magazine with gun and ID number like 21-1 for failure analysis. The zip locks are ok and will hold a dozen mags comfortably. Plus they are cheap.

smullen
04-03-2010, 18:02

Are you refering to when they are at home and in use for a bit or say daily carry or going to the range???

I'm in your same situation and I have been using the cases below for years. I'm easily able to fit 8 Glock mags per case (6 in the pockets and 2 across the top). When I first started buying these they were $6.00, however, they are on sale at Midway from time to time for about $8.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=174266

I like those... Do you use them for Home, Carry, range or ???

For Home Storage, I'd like to ahve about 4-6 of those and see if I could Velcro them or attach them somehow to the inside of my Safe and my Metal Locking Cabinet's Doors....

Morgo
04-03-2010, 18:28
My metal magazines are stored sitting on shelves, the polymer magazines are stored in ammo cans.

G36Packer
04-04-2010, 07:48
I color code the mags for caliber using fingernail polish in the factory caliber markings and the locking tab of the base plate. This way you can tell the caliber whether the mag is in or out of the gun and it doesn't scratch off. One could use matching colored slide cover plate.

chewybaca67
04-05-2010, 11:46
Stored in my 2 safes, except when I'm carrying a couple. Having various Glock cal./models I keep all my 9mm mags separated and identifyable with some red model paint on the base pad. 40 S&W mags are untouched. I also keep my mags sorted out in cut to fit small boxes in me safes.

RedHaze
04-06-2010, 01:40
Other than whats in the gun. My glock box has 10 mags in it. The other guns mags just go in the big gun box with the pistols.