View Full Version : Advice.
Does anyone have one of the Butler Creek bull barrels and stock combos on their Ruger 10/22.
Is it an easy install?
Is the barrel accurat, cause my stock barrel is and dont want to down grade.
Is it worth the money?
To remove your barrel on your 10/22. First, you want to take the action out of the stock.
1. Remove the barrel band at the front of the stock. If yours does not have one then disregard.
2. Remove the screw in the stock. It is just ahead of the magazine well.
3. Push the safety button in the center to allow it to freely come out of the stock.
4. I normally lock back the Bolt.
5. On the underside of the Receiver where it meets the Barrel you will see a V Block with two Allen screws. By removing the V Block, the barrel will come away freely from the Receiver. When installing the new Barrel make sure the extractor matches up with the slot in the barrel next to the chamber.
I have not tried any other brand of Barrel on my 10/22 but I do have a Butler Creek Stock on my 10/22 and I love it.
I am sure somebody will tell you the kind of accuracy they get with their heavy barrels. Ruger 10/22’s are a lot of fun and some people around here have definitely done some things to make them even better. I think you are going to see some cool pics.:wavey:
Yeah i love mine and its very accurate so i dont want to switch barrels unless the accuracy is going to get better. I know there wont be a big difference in accuracy but i want the difference to be better....not worse. lol
Other guys have nicer 10/22's than I do but I like mine setup as a Liberty Training Rifle.
Everything I have seen on the Butler Creek combo and their barrels says to me, save your money and get a really good barrel. I did that. If you need a good barrel I would go with Green Mountain, Whistle Pig or Rimfire Technologies. There are other good barrels too.
I went with the Shooters Ridge Combo. Im really impressed with it. It'll out shoot me anyday of the week.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.