Some final questions before buying [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Some final questions before buying

rem2429
03-15-2010, 16:39
I've been weighing options for a couple of months and have the cash for a new rifle. I want a folding rifle in 7.62x39. That much is certain. My original plan was to buy a yugo and get a rail and aimpoint, but I am considering an Arsenal SLR 107 now, and the Yugo is really a second choice. There has been some discussion of canted sights on 107s recently and I am wondering if I should do something else. Any rifle I get is going to be ordered, so no real chance at inspection. Any thoughts or experience with the Arsenal? Of the 107, thoughts regarding metal vs polymer folding stock? I am still thinking about an ultimak so no side mount is likely to be used. If anyone can compare accuraccy, triggers etc, I would like to hear it.

adamg01
03-15-2010, 18:00
I owned a Yugo. underfolder that did have canted sights from Century Arms. I just recently purchased an Arsenal Sgl20. It is a lot better package without question. The price tag showed it as well. Between the two the Yugo. did have a much lighter trigger. It was really almost too light to be honest. I would guess about 4lbs. The Arsenal I would guess 6-7lbs.

I do believe Arsenal is a much safer bet IMO.

space_weazel
03-15-2010, 22:31
If you want a folder the Arsenal will have the best.