ACOG substitute? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ACOG substitute?

Comp_sH00teR24
03-17-2010, 10:41
Does one exist? I would like to get a scope that is 3-4x magnification and illumination (battery or otherwise) and is not as expensive as an ACOG. Something $500 or less and will hold up well. I know you can't get the durability and overall awesomeness from something that is not an ACOG, however I just do not have the funds presently.
I have found one scope that appears to be a resonable alternative. The Burris ar-332. http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-ar-332-3x-32mm-prism-red-dot-sight.html. If you have any experience with these I would love to know about it, and any other suggestions that you have.

8541/9999
03-17-2010, 11:55
I have not shot that scope. however my first question is what is the mission of this rifle and scope combo you are putting together? Remember mission dictates equipment.

Comp_sH00teR24
03-17-2010, 19:03
I will be putting the scope on a sig556. It is meant to be a rifle that is capable of doing several tasks from defense to competition and just havin fun at the range with, and anything else one might need a high capacity rifle for. As of right now I have a red-dot on it, however I am looking to switch to something with magnification that can be used in all levels of light (day-night).

8541/9999
03-18-2010, 06:12
What kind of red dot are you shooting? will a 3x magnifier work behind your red dot it would probably fit your price point. Remember just because your reticle is illuminated doesnt mean you can see your target clearly. Unless you want to go to a Night Vision device Most of the better ones our way out of your price range. Im shooting a Colt 6940 with a micro t-1 aimpoint with a aimpoint 3x mag behind it that seems to work in most lighting conditions you can turn the dot intensity up or down depending on lighting conditions and I only have to replace batteries every 5 yrs.

Comp_sH00teR24
03-18-2010, 14:40
a magnifier is an option that I have been looking into, I just haven't heard how well people like them. There is a big gun show coming up this weekend where im at, Ill check out what kind of options they have there