Mission Knives [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mission Knives

Jeepnik
03-17-2010, 16:48
I read lots about Strider, Rat, Reeves, Emerson etc. knive here. But there is one maker that has some very interesting, and well made knives I never see mentioned. That would be Mission Knives.

I first became aware of them when my eldest son was looking for a non-metalic mine probe prior to his first deployment to Iraq when the current war started.

I ended up getting both boys titanium fixed blade knives to replace the very poor conditioned K-bars they were issue. These knives held up through three tours for each of the boys.

But there is something that impressed me even more that the quality of the product. My eldest was sent from LeJune to Iraq aboard ship. Time was short, and I needed a knife for him quickly. The folks at Mission went out of their way to get it to me so I could get it to him.

Before my second son left from Pendelton, I ran into a problem in that some outlets wouldn't sell titanium knives to non military/police because they could "not be detectedby metal detectors in air ports". I have no idea if this is true, but the Mission folks came through again.