Belt Suggestions??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Belt Suggestions???

Brucev
03-17-2010, 18:56
The other day I was rummaging around in a box that I found in the shop of my local gun dealer. This box measured 6' x 3' x 4' and was filled about half full of holsters produced by various manufacturers. Several were very nice Galco left-hand paddle holsters. I was thrilled to find a new Bianchi 111 Cyclone right-hand holster for my 5" Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 pistol. It was so new that I could hardly get my pistol to fit. After several days it now fits my pistol very well indeed.

According to the Bianchi website, the belt slots on this holster measure 1.75/45mm inches. I am wanting to find a belt that will be a good tight fit so that the holster will stay put when I am using it. Surely there are those at this site who have bought leather goods such as holsters and belts for carrying similar type pistols. I would appreciate suggestions as to what would be the best choice of manufacturer, etc. If it is important, I measure 37 inches at the waist. Sincerely. Brucev.

1.75/45mm

9x45
03-17-2010, 18:58
Wilderness Tactical is the most used standard belt

http://store.thewilderness.com/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=2007

badr1
03-17-2010, 19:12
I ended up with several Wilderness Tactical 1.75" belts in a trade awhile back they are amazing belts I wear one everyday as does nearly everyone I know now lol if you decide you wanna go with one I'm sure I have one that will fit you. I'll cut you a good deal PM me if interested.

P.S. they can also be used to rappel if you ever find yourself in a james bond like situation lol :supergrin:

beforeobamabans
03-18-2010, 16:38
If you want leather, the answer is The Beltman. I would call Jim first and discuss your needs for this particular holster. He will make you a custom belt in bullhide or horse that you will love and be proud of for the rest of your life.

M249SAW
03-18-2010, 17:41
Comp-Tac has a nice leather belt with a strip of kydex. Mine works great!

RPB
03-19-2010, 16:12
Comp-Tac has a nice leather belt with a strip of kydex. Mine works great!

I got Comp-tac with the kydex reinforcement AND the Velcro.
Best belt I ever had.
But, I think it's 1.5" instead of 1.75" ... I could be wrong though.

NYresq
03-27-2010, 09:49
I have had very good experiences with a Milt Sparks belt. I bought it when I went in my first academy and it has been used almost daily for the past 13 years. I own 3 different styles/colors, but the basic black 1.5" is what I wear almost every day with jeans, dockers dark suit pants etc. the buckle is heavy brass and the leather is solid and thick. I have had to apply some black polish once or twice a year to keep it looking good, but it is the most comfortable and strongest belt I have ever worn for normal carry. the wait time is a little longer then what most people would like unless they happen to have one in stock, but you will never regret it.

sourdough44
04-01-2010, 05:17
Even a thicker/wider Carhartt belt would help a lot. They are easy to find.

dieselguy229
04-01-2010, 06:29
also, the beltman great belt fast service.