E-mail Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : E-mail Question

Glocker08
03-17-2010, 19:49
I recently sent an e-mail to an online merchant to inquire about a certain item I was interested in.The e-mail they replied back with had listed on the bottom both my IP and host address. I had never seen this in an e-mail prior to that one.Why would they have those two things listed in an e-mail ? Just seemed kind of strange to me. :dunno:

MavsX
03-19-2010, 06:53
not sure. did you send this guy an email from their webpage or something? maybe that is how it is getting the info.

SKeefe
03-19-2010, 09:04
Your IP can be found in the header of your e-mail. He must have a signature set up that pulls that info from the header. Not sure of the point.

Sgt. Schultz
03-19-2010, 15:31
I recently sent an e-mail to an online merchant to inquire about a certain item I was interested in.The e-mail they replied back with had listed on the bottom both my IP and host address. I had never seen this in an e-mail prior to that one.Why would they have those two things listed in an e-mail ? Just seemed kind of strange to me. :dunno:All of the info is in the e-mail, just look at the properties ...