Ganlani 223 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ganlani 223

FireForged
03-18-2010, 14:43
My local gunshop has received several of these Galani223 rifles built by CAI. Very nice looking rifle but I do not know anything about them and neither did the salesman. They appear to have some us parts and based on the condition of these rifles they appear to be built from used parts kits.

Anyone have a review of these rifles? I am not a fan of kit guns at all.

Sully:vz-58
03-18-2010, 15:13
They are parts guns. I had one briefly but sold it to get a vz-58 which is also a parts gun. I did not have any issues with mine but I only put about 50 rounds through it. I would look at the Saiga 223 before I would buy a Golani/Galil. Plus they are CAI guns if that means anything to you.

javelinadave
03-18-2010, 16:33
They either work great or don't work at all. If they let you try before you buy, why not?
Mine works great! Simplicity of an AK but the accuracy of an AR due to the milled receiver.
As for the CAI guns:
GAL serial numbered guns have more problems than the GLN serial numbered guns. They have problems with out of spec and/or poorly heat treated receivers made by ORF. The later, Caspian receivers are of better reliability. The other big issue is the feed ramp being too low.