Called HK CS today to order some parts... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Called HK CS today to order some parts...

robotoid
03-18-2010, 15:24
Fellow seemed very put out to have to talk to me and take my order. "Did you try our parts website, HKParts.net?". Umm, yes I did, the parts are not listed there. He did not even want to talk about the larger HK45C mag release lever, just told me "out of stock". Then he informs that I have to pay an extra shipping fee on orders under $50. All I wanted/ordered was 2 little springs. Shipping is more than the parts cost. S&W and Ruger have sent me small parts gratis numerous times. And I thought Glock CS was bad. On the plus side, I didn't have to give him part numbers. As soon as I told him was converting to light LEM, he knew what springs I wanted. I'm thinking my next new gun purchase will be an M&P 40, certainly no more HK's

JBnTX
03-18-2010, 16:22
Please give us the name of who you spoke to?
Sounds to me like the call went very well.

Many companies charge extra for orders under a certain amount.
That's not unusual.

Maybe he wanted the part numbers in order to ensure he sent you
the right parts? I'd make sure I knew the correct part number before
I even dialed the phone.

Of course he asked if you checked HKParts.net. He has no idea if
you're even aware of that site until he asks.

If a part is "Out Of Stock", what do you expect him to tell you?
Duh?

Maybe your next gun purchase should be an M&P 40 or a Glock,
but certainly not an HK. You'll certainly make his job easier.

majette
03-18-2010, 17:19
i called today looking for a part, was told it would not be available til june or july. i asked if there was an alternative and cs passed me to a gunsmith to answer my question. everyone was pleasant and it is representative of the dealings i have had with them.

robotoid
03-18-2010, 20:36
Tone of voice and abruptness of answers made his attitude abundantly clear ("you are bothering me"). He gave his name, but I didn't write it down and don't recall now, not relevant. I won't be calling again. They don't need my business, I don't need their product.

NEOH212
03-19-2010, 03:04
I have ordered several parts from them with no issues. Maybe I just got lucky 4 times. :dunno:

JBnTX
03-19-2010, 06:09
Tone of voice and abruptness of answers made his attitude abundantly clear ("you are bothering me"). He gave his name, but I didn't write it down and don't recall now, not relevant. I won't be calling again. They don't need my business, I don't need their product.

Why would you quit buying a company's products just because someone
didn't jump for joy and piss all over himself when you called?

H&K 4 LIFE
03-19-2010, 08:01
What you want to do is call back and ask to speak to Travis.

If he has the springs, he will get them to you. You must understand that those particular parts are high demand items that come directly from Germany.

I would be the first to admit that the HK German parts train to the US is very slow. HK is currently working to better stock it's US parts distributors for non-warranty parts orders.

01deuce
03-19-2010, 12:55
What you want to do is call back and ask to speak to Travis.

If he has the springs, he will get them to you. You must understand that those particular parts are high demand items that come directly from Germany.

I would be the first to admit that the HK German parts train to the US is very slow. HK is currently working to better stock it's US parts distributors for non-warranty parts orders.

+1

he took care of me!

JNKIRK1974
03-19-2010, 22:23
Ok.....what do HK customer service and HKParts.net have to do with each other? HKParts.net isn't owned by HK (unless I'm missing something)

JNKIRK1974
03-19-2010, 22:27
Call HKParts.net and ask for Adam. You'll be taken care of!

robotoid
03-19-2010, 22:29
Ok.....what do HK customer service and HKParts.net have to do with each other? HKParts.net isn't owned by HK (unless I'm missing something)

Thats what I thought, but it wasn't the impression he gave me. He said "Did you try OUR online parts ordering website, HKParts.net".

robotoid
03-19-2010, 22:32
Why would you quit buying a company's products just because someone
didn't jump for joy and piss all over himself when you called?

Because I expect to be treated like a paying customer, not a nuisance. I'm sure their $10.95 shipping is probably going to be a 25 cent padded envelope with less than $1 postage stamp on it.

01deuce
03-19-2010, 22:46
mine was fedex for 5 little springs.

anything high end you own always comes with higher costs.
try buying parts for a harley compared to a honda or a lexus compared to a ford. I dont like that fact but except it because i want the best and for me thats HK.

Chonny
04-11-2010, 14:26
My gunshop sells 20 dollar warranties with their guns and they will fight with the companies for you take care of warranty and also pay shipping. Im definitely going to do this, they said H&K is very hard to work with.

JBnTX
04-11-2010, 16:29
My gunshop sells 20 dollar warranties with their guns and they will fight with the companies for you take care of warranty and also pay shipping. Im definitely going to do this, they said H&K is very hard to work with.

Your gunshop sells 20 dollar rip offs.

HK's warranty is between the buyer of the gun and HK, not a third party go between.
HK is under absolutely NO legal obligation to even talk to your gunshop on your behalf.

Maybe your gunshop just tells you HK is hard to deal with so they can make
a quick 20 dollars from you?

american lockpicker
04-11-2010, 17:58
And I thought Glock CS was bad.

Really? Its the best in my opinion and I've dealt with them 4 times(G19 mold mark, defective G18 mag, free stuff and, COO question on Glock GTL) and everytime they were very helpful.

Chonny
04-11-2010, 18:14
Your gunshop sells 20 dollar rip offs.

HK's warranty is between the buyer of the gun and HK, not a third party go between.
HK is under absolutely NO legal obligation to even talk to your gunshop on your behalf.

Maybe your gunshop just tells you HK is hard to deal with so they can make
a quick 20 dollars from you?

Its an in house insurance policy. Where as if anything goes wrong (any manufacturer) they will have their smith check it out or send it to the manufacturer for you. They are only one of two H&K dealers in Oklahoma, they get the business of all the OKCPD, and are very much in contact with H&K and all their product reps.

You can google Outdoor America in Oklahoma City and call them if you are that upset about it.

:tongueout:

Seminoles
04-12-2010, 14:00
You can reach Travis at extension 227.

SIGShooter
04-14-2010, 11:54
Its an in house insurance policy. Where as if anything goes wrong (any manufacturer) they will have their smith check it out or send it to the manufacturer for you. They are only one of two H&K dealers in Oklahoma, they get the business of all the OKCPD, and are very much in contact with H&K and all their product reps.

You can google Outdoor America in Oklahoma City and call them if you are that upset about it.

:tongueout:

I think you missed the point.

If there is a warranty issue, H&K has to take care of it. It's part of their warranty. So paying $20.00 extra for a gun for some sort of insurance plan only means you're $20.00 more in the hole. You can call H&K yourself and say: "Hey, this is what's wrong with my gun, your warranty covers this, I'm sending the gun to you to be fixed, thank you."

I had a shop here try selling me that crap. I asked them what it gets me, they said "A no BS guarantee that my gun will be fixed if it's a warranty issue." I asked them if I was able to just send my gun in to the manufacturer if in fact it needed warranty work. They told me that it was absolutely illegal for anyone but an FFL to send a gun to anyone else no matter what. Needless to say, I didn't buy the warranty plan for my warranty plan.

SIGShooter
04-14-2010, 11:58
Call HKParts.net and ask for Adam. You'll be taken care of!

Adam is a top notch guy and has a no BS attitude. He will take care of you without question. If he doesn't have what you need, he will get it.

Hell, I screwed up my order, told Adam about it he still fixed it for me even though it was my mistake. He had the right parts that I needed pretty much drop shipped to me without charging me extra. Now that's customer service!

dojpros1998
04-14-2010, 14:26
To quote others- "with their typical custom service, HK could not market free sex."

"HK"-translated from the low german means "we hate you, go away."

The few people and agencies I know who run HKs have not had good luck with the CS staff. Perhaps HK is rounding the corner with Adam and Travis.

Chonny
04-14-2010, 16:22
I think you missed the point.

Honestly, if you guys don't know that an HK dealer can handle repairs or warranty work then you aren't quite the experts you think you are.

:wow:

SIGShooter
04-15-2010, 20:59
Honestly, if you guys don't know that an HK dealer can handle repairs or warranty work then you aren't quite the experts you think you are.

The real question is…

Why would you pay for a warranty to warranty your warranty? That's what you're doing…If it is warranty work, H&K has to fix it. That's why there's a warranty program with most all companies.

But, it's your money. I deal with a Sig Certified dealer, they don't offer a 20 dollar warranty to warranty my warranty. They just ship the stuff back free of charge for the warranty work.

Just sayin...

Clem Eastwood
04-15-2010, 22:12

I can call Sam at HK, if i need an RMA for a recoil spring he'll get it to me, ill send him whatever (if i want a full spring set put in a gun that only has a hundred rounds through it, he'd do it), he'll do the work and get it back to me in a week. what do i need a dealer for, especially one thats going to charge me to use my lifetime warranty that comes with the weapon?

JBnTX
04-16-2010, 07:32
To quote others- "with their typical custom service, HK could not market free sex."

"HK"-translated from the low german means "we hate you, go away."

^^^^^^^
Here's a perfect example of why "some" people mistakenly believe HK
has bad customer service.

Unsubstantiated rumors and outright falsehoods.

dojpros1998
04-16-2010, 11:03
JBnTX

1. There was clearly a humorous streak to my post.
2. The op himself had bad customer service
3. I know of two smaller PDs that had issues with their G36 Carbines re holding zero.We are talking less than 30 guns total. HK response was essentially initially denial that an HK could be defective in any way. They ultimate paid to ship them back with a fight. It was several weeks before the PD got the weapons back and the problem was not fixed. The optics were aimpoints that did hold zero when mounted on other platforms.
One could reasonably infer that given the relatively small size of the issue, HK was not motivated to be particulary responsive

4. I know of multiple shooters who hstorically could not get small parts for HK pistols in a timely fashion relative to Glock or Springfield. A commonly held perception is that HK is not particularly responsive to the civilian custom base.

5. I fully acknowledged that any real or percieved issues may be lessening/eliminated with the CS guys cited above.

6. Email Mr. Wayne Weber, the new President of HK-USA and ask him about the meeting he had at the SHOT Show this year
with various industry professionals and other attendees re
acknowledged CS issues and his thoughts on rectifing those
acknowledged CS issues. If there has been a change for the better, he has certainly played a part in it.

In short, my slightly tougue in cheek comments were neither based in rumor nor false.

JBnTX
04-16-2010, 12:56
OK!
No Problem.

Chonny
04-16-2010, 16:03
The real question is…

Why would you pay for a warranty to warranty your warranty?

Again, its an in house insurance policy. If anything at all happens with any firearm they will have their smith fix it all part costs are free or if needed take care of sending off for you and they also pay shipping.

I just don't see a bad deal here.

Take it easy.

JBnTX

4. I know of multiple shooters who hstorically could not get small parts for HK pistols in a timely fashion relative to Glock or Springfield. A commonly held perception is that HK is not particularly responsive to the civilian custom base.

This is what I was told in no uncertain terms. I absolutely believe it.

Clem Eastwood
04-16-2010, 16:36
Again, its an in house insurance policy. If anything at all happens with any firearm they will have their smith fix it all part costs are free or if needed take care of sending off for you and they also pay shipping.

I just don't see a bad deal here.

Take it easy.

This is what I was told in no uncertain terms. I absolutely believe it.

the problem is that if it doesnt go to HK, and the dealer isnt a HK armorer, your lifetime warranty wont be valid. and dont fool yourself in to thinking just because your shop is an HK dealer, that they are an armorer too. if you send it to HK they will uphold your warranty. your factory warranty isnt through an independent armoror, or between your dealer and HK. its between you and HK. thats why you fill out the warranty card.

Chonny
04-16-2010, 22:57
Ok guys

Then I'm not gonna give them 20 bucks. Ill just buy more ammo.

I have the extensions of the aforementioned employees. I hope they don't get fired anytime soon or have to change their extensions because of an influx of customer calls. Haha.

Take it easy.

Clem Eastwood
04-17-2010, 10:17
Ok guys

Then I'm not gonna give them 20 bucks. Ill just buy more ammo.

I have the extensions of the aforementioned employees. I hope they don't get fired anytime soon or have to change their extensions because of an influx of customer calls. Haha.

Take it easy.

give the $20 away if you want. but we are telling you what HKs policy is and how its handled. and unlike people who bash HK CS, we have actually dealth with the people in charge and giving our EXPERIENCE rather than promoting MYTH. all i ever called about was what i needed to do to maintain the things properly. not to have any work done. but we did talk about what is needed to happen when warranty work needs to happen. keep believing what you want. because it appears that no amount of personal experience is going to convince you otherwise. :wavey:

based on how solid these guns are, i doubt they are overworked.

Chonny
04-18-2010, 00:32
How are those parts coming?

Clem Eastwood
04-18-2010, 15:00
How are those parts coming?

even though my recoil springs were back ordered i got them in 3 weeks and my acct wasnt charged until they shipped. ;)

Chonny
04-18-2010, 17:40
Well thats not bad at all especially for a back order.

Later

Jerry_M23
04-18-2010, 23:07
For what it's worth, I tried to order parts from HK a couple months ago and there was an attempt in redirecting me to HKParts.net also. When I simply stated/asked "There are tons of posts on HKPro from members who order directly from you without problem. Why the change?" I was told that HK is trying to get away from dealing with small parts orders so they're not competing with their distributors. I then informed the person that none of the distributors had the parts I was looking for and that I'd rather not wait for HK to get them and then wait for the distributors to get them. He then took my order and they arrived quicker than what he mentioned their expected backorder date was. I think it was maybe a week and a half. He did also mention that HK is trying to get their distributors to build stock up as well.

I can completely understand not wanting to compete with distributors. How many people on here get parts from LoneWolf and others instead of calling Glock directly for parts?

HKdrudge
04-19-2010, 10:55
Hey guys, this is Josh with HKParts.net.

We are trying to add as many pistol parts as possible.

All of the pistol parts can be searched using HK sku numbers. Just type the HK sku number in the search box. If we have it, it will pull up. If not please tell us.

There are a significant amount of parts we and HK are waiting to get into the country.

If there are specific parts we don't carry but would like us to carry please send me an email.
josh@hkparts.net

Our goal is to provide a complete catalog of Heckler & Koch parts to the everyday user. We all know that certain items are difficult to find and buy.

Josh
HKParts.net

Chonny
04-19-2010, 13:41
Josh, thanks for the heads up!

Take care.