Shot my 37 in a practical-pistol match tonite [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shot my 37 in a practical-pistol match tonite

jeffreybehr
03-18-2010, 23:02
'Twas one of the 'practice' matches of Phoenix's Cactus League, and I did OKly--I didn't shoot myself or anyone else, no one yelled at me for doing something wrong, and the gun went BANG every time it was supposed to. The latter was in contrast to the way several other semiautos behaved...poorly, that is.

This weekend will consume a bunch of shells--a USPSA match in Tucson with my bro Saturday and a Steel Challenge match Sunday with Cactus.

I had previously determined that I can shoot the 37 at least as well as I can shoot my long .40-cal. model 35, so both my 40s--the 35 and the new-this-year 23--are for sale*.

* I'm neither a collector nor 'hoarder' of Glocks; I buy them to use and enjoy, and 2 GAPs--the 37 and 38--are plenty enough for me. :embarassed:

DannyR
03-19-2010, 03:48
Bravo!

Mark your calendar for the GSSF (Glock) match in Tucson, AZ on October 23-24, 2010. Map and details at www.gssfonline.com

It's a fun shoot in which everyone has an opportunity to win a random pistol, cash or merchandise prize. There is more info here in our GSSF Forum.

jeffreybehr
03-20-2010, 17:31
The USPSA match today, Saturday, went very well for me. I finished NOT last, and higher than my brother (who's been doing this for a couple years), and the 37 and my target load performed very well.

I've been tweaking my dominant-eye vision (with lenses, etc.) to improve my front-site focus, and it seemed to pay off. For instance I was able to knock over, with 6 shots, 5 of 6 12" steel plates placed 25 - 30 yards away, something I believe I could not have done before. Several shooter complimented me on that.

On to tomorrow's Steel Challenge!

Trey83
03-20-2010, 17:47
Best of luck to you. I would like to get in to competitive shooting sometime.