Is This A Fair Price On A Kahr PM9 ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Fair Price On A Kahr PM9 ?

Greg Conn
03-19-2010, 16:52
I was considering getting a 380 for concealed carry due to their ease of concealment.
But, after much research, I've decided instead to get a Kahr PM9...more firepower, quality of workmanship, along with ease of concealability.

I want one with the matte stainless slide (not blackened), regular sights, and no manual safety (model #9093).

I went to my local gun shop today (small town, only one gun store in town), and he had the exact one I wanted.
He took it out from behind the counter and opened the case as if he was showing me the Ark of the Covenant. He told me he'd "let it go" for $710.
I was wondering if he had a crack pipe behind the counter also.

I went home and called a gun shop about 20 miles away. He said he could order it on Monday morning and have it no later than Wednesday.
His price is $599.

That's a good deal cheaper than the first guy, but I'm not familiar with Kahr prices. Does $599 for a NIB Kahr PM9 sound fair?
Thanks.

Regards,
-Greg

the perfesser
03-19-2010, 19:41
I don't recall seeing them cheaper here in SC during the past year in shops or at shows.

toddmog
03-19-2010, 23:29
First shop = crazy. Second shop sounds about right.

MartinBlank
03-20-2010, 00:58
I just picked one up at a gun show, from a local dealer, new for $625...$125 CHEAPER than my local Sportsman's Warehouse/Wholesale Sports. Craziness.

viniglock
03-20-2010, 06:57
The most you should pay at the door is $650(including sales tax and background check and or FFL fees). I got my PM9 for $545 OTD but that includes LE discount.

1911master
03-20-2010, 09:12
I would go with the second price. I cant find them here for that price, I see them closer to the first price. I would get it ordered ASAP. Jim

Hubadub
03-21-2010, 04:29
The second price is more in line to what I`ve been seeing here in North Carolina.I bought my PM9 last May for around $570. And you`ve made a good decision to go with the PM9 over a .380. Once you get your Kahr,I suggest that you read the manual.It contains some very good tips for breaking the gun in properly.Clean it well when you get it home and refer to the handy lube diagram that you will find in this sub-forum.I love my PM9 to the point that I carry it practically all of the time in some fashion.It easily conceals IWB or in a pocket holster.For IWB,I have found the Crossbreed Minituck works best for me.Good luck!!:highfive:

PlayboyPenguin
03-21-2010, 04:48
$599 is a good price.

coneracer30
03-21-2010, 14:13
Just bought mine yesterday at a local gun show for $599. Broke it in today. Sweet little pistol.

chance3290
03-24-2010, 13:45
I thought I was going to buy one at my local police distributor today. $635 with night sights.
I called and asked and they said they had one. I rode over there. There was one other customer. Two people behind the counter and what sounded like three or four others in offices.
Anyway, after being ignored for 15 minutes...I walked out.
My own fault...this place has been known for average prices and p1sspoor service for years.

the perfesser
03-24-2010, 21:56
chance3290,

Sorry about you being dissed at your local shop. Although I live elsewhere, I was born in New York City, and moved away before first grade. In any event, I have never been too shy not to pipe up "Can I get some help, please?" when being ignored, especially when it involved getting what I wanted.

Put differently: you are not rewarding the jerks by buying that pistol at what seems a good price. You are getting what you want in a seemingly good deal, and not letting jerks make your decisions. And that's the point, right?

Maybe you should go back and buy the gun. And afterwards talk to the owner about his jerky staff..... Or if the owner is one of the jerks, just spread that bit of news among your friends.

chance3290
03-25-2010, 16:28
chance3290,

Sorry about you being dissed at your local shop. Although I live elsewhere, I was born in New York City, and moved away before first grade. In any event, I have never been too shy not to pipe up "Can I get some help, please?" when being ignored, especially when it involved getting what I wanted.

Put differently: you are not rewarding the jerks by buying that pistol at what seems a good price. You are getting what you want in a seemingly good deal, and not letting jerks make your decisions. And that's the point, right?

Maybe you should go back and buy the gun. And afterwards talk to the owner about his jerky staff..... Or if the owner is one of the jerks, just spread that bit of news among your friends.
Oh perfesser, I was born and raised in Chicago and have problems at all with expressing displeasure. I've bought guns at this same shop before....usually taking 2 hours to complete a deal. Like I said, their customer service is well known as being poor. That's been a couple of years now, so I thought I'd try them again. But the place hasn't changed.
Screw 'em. Today I taught at the local academy....this encounter was mentioned.
Thanks perfesser.

wagonm
03-25-2010, 19:59
Ask for John, he may give you a pleasant surprise.. if he has in stock.

1 253-566-2686

http://www.leedway.com/about_us.cgis

chance3290
03-26-2010, 12:59
Well perfesser, I had to go by the shop today and thought...what the heck. My buddy's price was only a little less and I would have had to wait about a week. So, I bought it.
It only took 1.5 hours.....and when I got there, there was only one other customer there. This place will never change.
Took it to the range and put 150rds thru it. Only two FTEs..one very early and one with a questionable round.
Tarzan like.

BuckeyeBlast
03-28-2010, 09:26
Ask for John, he may give you a pleasant surprise.. if he has in stock.

1 253-566-2686

http://www.leedway.com/about_us.cgis

Does John sell to non LEO's?

wagonm
03-28-2010, 09:44
He did tell me that Kahr is the only brand that they can sell to consumer.

Back in Feb, price for a K9 black-diamond KP9094 (new, of course) is $568. You do the maths.

Does John sell to non LEO's?

user
03-28-2010, 13:41
Amazing - prices have come down pretty dramatically since I bought mine! I thought six hundred bucks was a fair price for a used one.