Best place to get ammo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get ammo?

Trey83
03-19-2010, 17:13
After reading the thread on Adventureoutdoors it got me thinking. Where is the best place to get .45 GAP ammo? I picked up a few boxes from Ammunitiontogo.com a couple of weeks ago and they had good prices and excellent service but now they seem to be raising prices. My local range wants $35 per box (50Qty) of FMJ reloads :dunno: I had seen a link to Georgia Arms reloads and they seem to be a great price but I am unsure of their quality. Does anybody have experience with Georgia Arms ammo or have any suggestions for a good place to get some range ammo?

Lotsa Glocks
03-19-2010, 23:22
I have 1000 rounds coming from Georgia Arms; they have the best price unless you happen to live in Georgia. The downside is that they don't have the brass in stock so there is no way to know when you will get your order. I have used their 9mm ammo without any problems and think it will be fine for the range.

The second best price I found was at Sportsman's Guide. I have 500 rounds coming from them to carry me (hopefully) until I get the GA shipment.

Oops! I just checked ammoengine.com again and looks like the market has shifted and not for the better. :wow: Good luck!

David_Ely
03-20-2010, 09:13
I have 1000 rounds coming from Georgia Arms; they have the best price unless you happen to live in Georgia. The downside is that they don't have the brass in stock so there is no way to know when you will get your order. I have used their 9mm ammo without any problems and think it will be fine for the range.

The second best price I found was at Sportsman's Guide. I have 500 rounds coming from them to carry me (hopefully) until I get the GA shipment.

Oops! I just checked ammoengine.com again and looks like the market has shifted and not for the better. :wow: Good luck!

I received my Georgia Arms order pretty quickly and I had also stocked up on American Eagle 185gr from Sportsman's Guide. It looks like all the new GAP owners are buying up all the ammo retailers have in stock.

I just checked and ammunitiontogo.com has 45 GAP in stock.

StarvinMarvin
03-20-2010, 21:15
Does anybody have experience with Georgia Arms ammo or have any suggestions for a good place to get some range ammo?

Yes, buy Georgia-Arms with confidence... Never had any issues out of my G37 and G-A canned heat.

dragonmalice
03-28-2010, 12:30
I ordered from GA Arms for the first time and got my 1000 rounds in about 2 weeks.

I was thinking about getting a 9mm so I could work on improving my shooting with less recoil (trying to get rid of a flinch), but the GA ammo is very soft shooting. My G37 felt like a totally different gun than with Speer or Am. Eagle. I fired 100 rounds of the GA stuff today and it's the best range session I've had.

Only thing I screwed up on was not ordering it as "canned heat" - you don't get the ammo can if you don't order it right. The 50 round bags are nice, though.

BIG-DOG
03-28-2010, 13:14
I have heard some pretty good things about their ammo from my friends. it is a good deal if they sell it at your local gun show.I live in zone 2 and they want $20 to ship a single box to try out. $27 to ship a 500 pack. For that price I'll stick with the name brand stuff until I get set up to reload.

jeffreybehr
03-28-2010, 17:19
http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/.45_GAP

Njanear
03-28-2010, 19:11
At the show this weekend, GA Arms had the GAP in both the FMJ ($17.50/50 or $170/500 in a can) & JHP ($18.50/50 or $180/500 in a can). I bought 3 bags of FMJ and 1 of JHP to try at the range.

In looking through the show, they were the only GAP 50rd players in the game - everything else was SD ammo at $1+ a round.

Slug71
03-29-2010, 07:01
Are the cheap rounds 'Canned Heat" from Georgia Arms reloads?

DannyR
03-29-2010, 07:13
Yes, they are reloads.

hyJOEstatic SHOCK
03-29-2010, 11:38
Gone through about 250 rounds of the 500 I recently received from Georgia Arms. Split a thousand rounds with It Takes Only Juan. He gets the ammo can this time. I've been pretty darn accurate with the stuff.