trouble in paradise-gap 37 barrel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : trouble in paradise-gap 37 barrel

danglock
03-20-2010, 17:28
hi gappers,
i waited two years to get my gap barrel from lone wolf. well put new barrel in, slide locks in place, will not slide back or forward. compared to glock barrel, and lug area looks very thick, needs more takened off. also, cut in bottom of lug does not look like factory cut. will call lw, and return for a keeper.
hope you guys fair better then me. there was no problem taking slide off frame, just would not operate, :crying:bummer.......danglock0152

David_Ely
03-20-2010, 17:36
What was wrong with the GLOCK barrel? I don't understand the need for aftermarket barrels unless you are shooting lead bullets.

dbarry
03-20-2010, 19:22
What was wrong with the GLOCK barrel? I don't understand the need for aftermarket barrels unless you are shooting lead bullets.

I'm with you on that David. I even shoot lead from mine from time to time. Just clean it well afterwards - no need for aftermarket barrel.

Biggest Dawg
03-21-2010, 10:11
The main advantage, for reloaders, is that aftermarket barrels have "more" fully supported chambers, making the feed ramp to the chamber "more" under the case head and web not the weaker case it's self, eliminating the "guppy" brass.

BD

danglock
03-21-2010, 16:29
hi gappers,
well gappers, i get free wheel weights, which i cast in a lee tubmle lube mold, this is a 200gn cast bullet. cost me maybe 3 cents each. berry sells there bullets, jacked for around $110.00, you do the math.
if you shoot lead in your glock factory barrel, you will lead it up, if you shoot a lot. that is why we want the after market barrel. low cost means more shooting:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin: danglock0152

DannyR
03-21-2010, 16:47
This is not the forum in which to discuss aftermarket barrels, but I will tell you for a fact that there is not such thing as a fully supported semi-automatic barrel. A fully supported barrel would cause the pistol to become a single shot pistol, as ammo would not feed from a magazine.

Now I have about 10,000 rounds of my reloads fired through my 2003 G37 and have no issues with it or my 200-gr FMJ reloads.