Just got back [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

Mrs. VR
03-21-2010, 17:11
From Maryland Rainbow's 50th Grand Assembly. (It's been around since the 30's, but didn't have it's first GA til 1960 (I was the 30th Grand Worthy Advisor). It was our daughters first time attending. I was most impressed by the turn out, especially from all the affiliated bodies at the evening sessions. The representatives from Grand Lodge, Grand Chapter, Scottish Rite, York Rite, Commandry, Amaranth, heck, even Job's Daughters and DeMolay(adults) made a great showing!

I love to see the adult's supporting the girls, and I think it truly makes an impression on them. Considering the aging of the population, I really think this is what is going to make the difference in keeping Masonry and it's related groups alive into the future.

SO, if you and your lodges support a youth group, I extend my appreciation. If you don't, I encourage you to find/start one to help! The rewards really do seem to go both directions!

bassman-dan
03-25-2010, 09:52
I'm glad to hear that your organizations are doing so well.
The wife twisted my arm until I joined the Star last month. I explained to her that my obligations in the Blue Lodge & Scottish Rite would dominate my spare time but I suspect that she already has a plan in place.
We have a small lodge and our membership divides their time between blue lodge, grand lodge, OES, district lodge, SR, YR, Amaranth, Rainbow, Demolay, etc., etc. The result is that none of these organizations get the attendance they need and we are just spread too thin. Unfortunately, I don't know what we can do to improve the situation.
Sound familiar?

deputy tom
03-25-2010, 21:08
Mrs.VR,my Blue Lodge does support the youngsters ie Rainbow Girls and Demolay Boys.They are our future.tom.:cool: