Re: Guilford County, NC CCW Application [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Re: Guilford County, NC CCW Application

LL6
03-22-2010, 10:56
Sort of an FYI and question...back in early Feb I applied for my NC CCW. During the application process your family Dr's info is asked for. I didn't think twice about it until I was at the Sheriff's Office filling out the paperwork and got the impression that it wasn't really necessary and/or people didn't usually list one. I went ahead and listed mine.

Today (a little more than a month later) I got a medical records invoice for an additional $10 from my Healthcare Provider. They specified that they are withholding the records being sent until they collect.

Makes me wonder if listing a family Dr slows down the process?

magpie maniac
03-22-2010, 13:36
I, too, live in Greensboro and I also listed my doctor back when I applied. Honestly, even if you had left it blank, they would have probably taken every day they could to issue the permit. I think I ended up getting mine about two days before the deadline.

But, man, once you have that little laminated piece of paper in hand, it's like having a whole new life. :supergrin:

LL6
03-22-2010, 17:08
I hear it takes practically all 90 days for the process anyway. Just don't want the Dr's info to slow things down any further than necessary.

...and it was another $10.:upeyes:

Once it's finally over I agree with it making things simpler.

ramrunnr
03-26-2010, 21:56
Guilford likes to draw it out. Randolph county, where I live, gives it to you when they get done. Me and my sister both got ours in 37 days. Submitted paperwork at the same time and we got our calls to pick them up on the same day, 37 days later.

magpie maniac
03-26-2010, 22:48
Unless things have changed since I received my permit, Guilford does have that one lady who does just about everything. And when she goes on vacation, they don't take applications.

Of course, Guilford has over three times as many residents as Randolph, but that shouldn't slow things down to the crawl it seems to be. I'm surprised Sheriff Barnes doesn't catch more flack for that.