Fixing stuck pixles on an older TV? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fixing stuck pixles on an older TV?

Generalcarry
03-22-2010, 15:44
I have a 7 yo Toshiba TV with a partial row of dead pixels. Is there a free program I can copy to a DVD to run through my set, or do I have to buy a program such as PixelProtector?

http://www.amazon.com/PixelProtector-DVD-V2-N/dp/B000GI36BG

Drjones
03-23-2010, 08:50
My understanding is that dead/stuck pixels are a hardware problem and there is no fix for them. If I'm wrong, I'd love to be educated...

stormcaller111
03-23-2010, 09:42
is it dead or stuck? if its dead, my understanding is that its dead. if stuck i have massaged it back to life and also tapped it back to life. massaging is just as it sounds, lightly pressing on the screen in a circular motion. of course you could do more harm than good so do at your own risk. tapping also worked for me once, tap on it lightly for about a minute. the stuck pixel started working properly. again, do these at your own risk if you decide to try it

Generalcarry
03-23-2010, 15:33
This is a glass/plastic (?) TV screen, not a laptop. Google tells me if the pixel is black, it's probably dead. If it's colored (I have a partial line of blue pixels) it's probably just stuck and if you flood the monitor with flashes of color for 20+ minutes there's a good chance to bring back its true function.
Guess I'll have to spring for the DVD.