g23 extractor spring assembly [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : g23 extractor spring assembly

crushproof
03-22-2010, 19:42
tonight i just did a basic field strip cleaning on my 23, when i was looking at the cover plate and you know the little cutout on the cover plate on the upper right that shows the back of the extractor assembly it had a copper tint to it. got me worried was rust so i took off cover plate and removed the extractor assemble i took a little hoppes to it and took most of it off but not completely. so i used very gently a little sand paper over the back of it and got it all off. what i'm wondering folks is if using the sandpaper a little on the back of the ectractor assembly to get the stuff off would affect reliability? -thanks

Glockrunner
03-22-2010, 21:26
tonight i just did a basic field strip cleaning on my 23, when i was looking at the cover plate and you know the little cutout on the cover plate on the upper right that shows the back of the extractor assembly it had a copper tint to it. got me worried was rust so i took off cover plate and removed the extractor assemble i took a little hoppes to it and took most of it off but not completely. so i used very gently a little sand paper over the back of it and got it all off. what i'm wondering folks is if using the sandpaper a little on the back of the ectractor assembly to get the stuff off would affect reliability? -thanks

It is good that you are learning to clean and inspect your firearm.
Without being able to see the parts you are talking about I would have to say replace that part with a new one at your first opportunity.

Any good GLOCK ARMOR in your area will be able to get the parts you need.

In the furture, may I suggest a wirebrush and some oil instead of sandpaper?

Good luck!