POF 9.5 / Gemtech Halo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : POF 9.5 / Gemtech Halo

R0CKETMAN
03-24-2010, 05:20
Anyone run this by chance? Thoughts are welcome.
Thanks

Fireman1291
03-24-2010, 14:22
Ive had time with the halo...IMHO there are way better options out there. Have you taken a good hard look at the AAC M42000?

The Halo is heavy, with subpar construction and materials. While its cheaper than the M42K there are dealers out there with that can on a F3 with way better pricing than MSRP..

Try www.silentshooters.net

r2kba
03-24-2010, 14:49
Ive had time with the halo...IMHO there are way better options out there. Have you taken a good hard look at the AAC M42000?

The Halo is heavy, with subpar construction and materials. While its cheaper than the M42K there are dealers out there with that can on a F3 with way better pricing than MSRP..

Try www.silentshooters.net (http://www.silentshooters.net)

It's one thing for you to suggest alternate products, but to spew bull-**** about a product being inferior construction is most likely beyond your technical abilities. Thousands of satisfied customers of the HALO is not sub-par.

Gemtech will gladly tell you what it's made of, which is most likely similar in construction to any other can of that caliber. RIFLE CALIBER suppressors, unless they are made of TITANIUM, are heavy because of the stainless steel and hard metals used, over all size and mount method.

Let the guy make his choice based on real product data and performance, not your opinions alone. He wasn't asking about if the can was in your opinion, subpar anyways.

Fireman1291
03-24-2010, 15:01
HEY! Where do you get off being so high and mighty?!?

I'll just go ahead and assume you have this can and thats why you are crying. That is the heaviest damn can Ive ever had on the end of a AR15, it throws the balance way off. The OP asked opinions of a certain combo and I gave him mine. Who are you to say I don't know about suppressor materials, have you even built a F1 can? Jesus nancy boy, go write a ticket and give someone else a powertrip, its not gonna work here.

r2kba
03-24-2010, 16:09
HEY! Where do you get off being so high and mighty?!?

I'll just go ahead and assume you have this can and thats why you are crying. That is the heaviest damn can Ive ever had on the end of a AR15, it throws the balance way off. The OP asked opinions of a certain combo and I gave him mine. Who are you to say I don't know about suppressor materials, have you even built a F1 can? Jesus nancy boy, go write a ticket and give someone else a powertrip, its not gonna work here.

You told him it was a sub-par can, which is complete NONSENSE. The HALO is one of the industries best made .223 cans on the market, and your in here telling people it's junk. You're not qualified to do that by any means unless your going to claim to be a representative of a major manufacturer. And even those people dont engage in that kind of rhetoric. Either back up your claim, or save it.

Gemtech, SWR,AAC all make great products. None of them are making Sub-par cans, period.

As far as the rest of your personal attacks on my employment, whats my profession have to do with anything in here? With the content of your post, one would think I said you don't know about the field because I'm a cop and your a dumb hose-wagger. Give us a break and save the cops-suck attitude for an audience that appreciates it in some other forum.

Fireman1291
03-24-2010, 17:19
You're an idiot.

BTW I have many close friends that are LEO's. If you can't take it, then don't dish it.

Also Gemcrap is purely responsible for us not being able to have a suppressor manufactuerer destroy and remake a serialized can in the event we damage it. Thats right, if you damage the tube you have to pay another $200tax for a new can because gemcrap pushed the envelope with the ATF.(google gem-tax) That, and there are plenty of stories out there of baffle strikes due to the halo mount and subpar finishes, etc. The Halo is junk, sorry you bought one. Sucks to be you.

Liquid
03-24-2010, 18:30
for the price i have heard good things about the yhm phantom.

r2kba
03-25-2010, 06:00
You're an idiot.

BTW I have many close friends that are LEO's. If you can't take it, then don't dish it.

Also Gemcrap is purely responsible for us not being able to have a suppressor manufactuerer destroy and remake a serialized can in the event we damage it. Thats right, if you damage the tube you have to pay another $200tax for a new can because gemcrap pushed the envelope with the ATF.(google gem-tax) That, and there are plenty of stories out there of baffle strikes due to the halo mount and subpar finishes, etc. The Halo is junk, sorry you bought one. Sucks to be you.

:upeyes: Your problems are obvious. Go take some anger management class's.

Nobody cares if you don't like Gemtech but you dont get to make up bogus quality claims to justify your opinions. It was already illegal for OTHER manufacturers to destroy and remake a firearm (can) with the same serial number.

Fireman1291
03-25-2010, 14:23
:upeyes:
You have alot to learn about the NFA, o and if by me getting offensive after you rudely ranted on about my 1st post requires me to take a anger management class then I guess I'll see you there.

Gonetodarkside
03-26-2010, 20:33
for the price i have heard good things about the yhm phantom.

I have the phantom in .308 and I use it on both my remington 700 30.06 and my AR. It is heavier than my friends AAC can, but the sound dampening sounds like its at least as good as the AAC.

On a side note I mailed off my paperwork wednesday for my new SWR Warlock. :cool:

Liff
03-30-2010, 23:28
Bah. What this is breaking down to is an AAC vs Gemtech thing. Both good companies that just do not like each other. AAC has more internet fan boys though, and it looks like we have an AAC fan boy highjacking this thread.

"Also Gemcrap is purely responsible for us not being able to have a suppressor manufactuerer destroy and remake a serialized can in the event we damage it."

Notice two things, First the slam on the company and not the product. Second, notice the lack of reason. If you used the noun "machine gun receiver" in place of "suppressor", how much sense would that make? If you wear out your receiver on your machine gun, you can not have a new one made. That is ridiculous.

So is, "You have alot to learn about the NFA,..." It is very ridiculous to tell someone else to learn about something they know little to nothing about.

What is even more ridiculous is what AAC was doing. AAC was destroying and "rebuilding" Gemtech cans. Being that every can is an advertisement for the company that built it, Gemtech did not want AAC cans to say Gemtech on the side of the can. Makes sense to me, but not AAC.

The bottom line is that both Gemtech and AAC make good cans. The only people that will say a Gemtech can is inferior are fan boys of AAC. I have fired rounds through the Halo and it is a very good can, I would prefer the G5 or an M4-2000 or an M4/M16 QDSS-NT4, but the Halo is a very good can.

Fireman1291, Relax. Just breathe. Not everyone needs to see things your way. Not everyone needs to love AAC cans. The OP asked for who had experience with that set up, you do not, so shush.

Fireman1291
04-01-2010, 11:12
I have ONE AAC can. And thats all I plan on having....this makes me a fanboy? Man, I own both Silencerco cans that they came out with. Guess I'm a huge fanboy for them as well. I've had personal experience with gemcrap baffles failing and piss poor finish. I choose not to do business with them...can't save em all.

R0CKETMAN
04-04-2010, 09:56
I went with the G-5.

So far so good on both 9.5 POF and 16" LWRC M6a2.

r2kba
04-04-2010, 16:35
I went with the G-5.

So far so good on both 9.5 POF and 16" LWRC M6a2.

Yep and you are likely to have a good experience with the G5 regardless of what the resident whiny-baby is saying about Gemtech.