anyone carry a 10mm for regular ccw? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anyone carry a 10mm for regular ccw?

cowboywannabe
03-24-2010, 17:29
as you guys know, summer down here is brutal with the heat but mostly the humidity. and that limits a lot of folks on what they carry for CCW due to the preference for less clothing (legally of course:cool:)

so, that being said i wanted to know if you or somebody you know pretty good carried a 10mm or other large gun similar to a glock 20 for CCW in the summer.

what loads do they prefer, what holster type/method of carry...et cetera.

of course i like to hunt, but i dont care what you carry in the woods. im asking about what you carry to the perverbial wal-mart, jr.'s t-ball game, the mall, movie theatre....

G36shooter
03-24-2010, 18:24
I've been carrying mine this winter, just bought it Nov. '09 so I can't tell you about summer yet but I might. A local state rep. has introduced a bill to allow CPL holders to be able to shoot feral swine on public or private land.

cowboywannabe
03-24-2010, 19:20
no offense G36, while it was only a year and a half, i lived in detroit and the summer there was very tolerable compared to Alabama. and im from cleveland oh., thats why i asked in this sub board.

G36shooter
03-24-2010, 22:37
I don't see a problem carrying a G20 this summer, open carry is leagle in Mich. but an untucked shirt and an IWB holster for CC will do. I would sure like to take out a feral hog. I'm 70mi west of Detroit.

Nutt51
03-27-2010, 12:58
I have a G21 that I have carried in the Georgia heat.
I usually wear a light cotton undershirt white or
a colored one from Wal-Mart under a light weight
short sleeve cotton or Hawaiian type shirt, unbuttoned.
I have a Milt Sparks IWB I use or just tuck it into my
pants, middle of the back.
Works good for me.

cowboywannabe
03-27-2010, 20:42
Nutt,

thanks for the feedback. the G21 is a good sized gun. what M.S. IWB rig do you use?