$209 for a speeding ticket... Ugh. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : $209 for a speeding ticket... Ugh.

grenadier
03-26-2010, 13:51
Just a bit of warning for y'all...

The highway patrol is dead serious about ticketing people for any kind of speeding along the AL / GA border along I-20, ever since that woman from SC died from a rock hitting her windshield.

The speed limit's now 55 MPH, and they're not kidding when they say they're strictly enforcing that limit.

Nutt51
03-27-2010, 12:45
Seems to be a lot more enforcement around Atlanta too.
I-85, I-75, and 285.
I'm am not saying they are running a speedtrap or anything of
the like. I have the greatest respect for law enforcement persons,
and they are just doing their jobs, but with the economy the way it
is and many localities hurting, it is a source of revenue.
I am glad to see "Some" stricter enforcement. People drive like nut's
around here, but if you get a ticket for excessive speeding or
heaven's forbid a DUI, it's really gonna hurt.
Sorry for your ticket.

elrod
03-29-2010, 13:59
They gotta' get revenue from somewhere...............

Brad_G
03-29-2010, 17:00
Hey, look on the bright side; if you go 55 from now on, you save enough in gas mileage to pay for that ticket. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

alba666
03-29-2010, 17:23
Get a V1 (www.valentineone.com (http://www.valentineone.com)) so you have situational awareness about LEO's running enforcement. I would have been dead meat last week without it insisting that there was something in front of me repeatedly for 1/2 mile when I saw ZERO - came up behind a plain Ford Expedition at speed limit instead of +15. Only giveaway was the spotlight on the left a-pillar. The cops have gotten smart around here of late by running in traffic with unmarked vehicles of all makes and using POP mode. Even heard a report of a semi being used. :brickwall:

V1's are like Glocks - they ain't pretty and they don't have all the bells and whistles- they just work!