Painting Glock slide [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Painting Glock slide

cguedr
03-26-2010, 17:25
I'm planning on re-doing the slide on my G19. It's a 2nd gen police trade-in and the slide could use a little sprucing. I was wondering if anyone has used something like Gunkote. I don't need anything expensive, I bought a police trade-in because I wanted this to be a take-anywhere, do-anything gun that I wouldn't have to baby. However, considering something like Gunkote is pretty cheap, I figured why not.

Pics of yours?

Jim S.
03-26-2010, 17:35
When I needed my 36 slide refinished I sent it to Customized Creationz (.com) and had it refinished with cerakote.
I can' tell the difference from my other Glock. It looks just the way it came from Glock.
It was a quick and painless turnaround also and a good price.
Check em out.

JesseCJC
03-31-2010, 00:19
there is a fella doing slides for 20 bucks with return shipping n the MISC for sale, why not give him a ring?

guns54
03-31-2010, 12:31
you are looking for lyptix, one of the best, hes in ohio. 20.00 and you get 100% job done. hes on page 2.

rsm688
04-06-2010, 13:01
A buddy of mine just rustoleum rattle canned his glock which is a very used police trade in gun. It is just his range/carry gun and it looks suprisingly nice plus he has changed the color like 6 times and it costs little to nothing to do and no time either. Although you do have to tape off the areas that doesnt need paint such as the extractor area and all it was easy and looks nice considering it cost him a few buck and took ten minutes to do.

sirgarreth
04-07-2010, 11:08
Just sent my slide to Lyptix today. For $20 you will not find anything better. His turnaround is 7-10. Getting your slide done for $20 in 2 weeks is something you won't find anywhere!