Just bought a Mossberg JIC... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Mossberg JIC...

LarryD1130
03-27-2010, 00:38
My dad and I went to Gander Mountain today because we never been there before and we needed to get our fishing license. We were checking the place out and we stumbled across the gun section. I was checking out all the different guns they had and I noticed my dad was checking out the Mossberg JIC. I knew as soon as he saw it that he wanted it because he likes stuff like that and he has been wanting a 12 gauge so I bought it. For it's purpose this is a pretty decent shotgun. It would definitely be easy to wield it around in small places.

What is some stuff I can add to it to make it a little bit better?

What type of ammo should I get for it?(Brand, size[2-3/4or3"], slug, buck, bird)

mitchshrader
03-27-2010, 01:23
Most people will say reduced recoil/flight control 00 buckshot. I say slugs, full power.

My reasoning is, the in house weapon I trust most, is the one I train with most. That's a handgun, and I've a spare, and a carbine using handgun ammo, before I'd grab the shotgun. It's deliberately set up for outdoors, maximum penetration, and dedicated to the idea of penetrating concealment.

It's not for a T Rex or Mutant Zombie Bikers. Moreso even than that, I keep subsonic ammo in my indoor guns, to help protect my ears. I'd as soon not be deafened if I had to ventilate a miscreant.

hogarth
03-27-2010, 08:01
I don't know if mitch is familiar with the JIC, but IIRC, it's a pistol-grip only shotgun that fits into a waterproof tube with some other survival gear. Accordingly, I would definitely NOT recommend slugs, as firing them with a pistol grip and no stock of any kind is no picnic. I'd go with low recoil tactical buck by any of the big makers (I use Federal).

LarryD1130
03-27-2010, 10:59
Did anybody ever try the 12ga. specialty ammo from ammunitintogo.com?

demusn79
03-30-2010, 06:28
What is some stuff I can add to it to make it a little bit better?

What type of ammo should I get for it?(Brand, size[2-3/4or3"], slug, buck, bird)

A stock.

2 3/4 OO buck.

Aceman
03-31-2010, 18:08
I don't know if mitch is familiar with the JIC, but IIRC, it's a pistol-grip only shotgun that fits into a waterproof tube with some other survival gear. Accordingly, I would definitely NOT recommend slugs, as firing them with a pistol grip and no stock of any kind is no picnic. I'd go with low recoil tactical buck by any of the big makers (I use Federal).

What Hogarth said. I am big and strong enough to shoot 3" with a Pistol grip only. I don't do it.

slewfoot
03-31-2010, 18:26
A stock.

2 3/4 OO buck.

Yep.............unless you have wandering grizzlies in the neighborhood.

LarryD1130
03-31-2010, 18:30
I shot about 25 bird shots through it today and 5 slugs. It does sting but it isn't that bad. I was also shooting my buddies shotgun that has a stock and it felt a lot better. I'm not worried because my Benelli will have a stock on it. I like the fact that this doesn't have a stock because I can move around really good with it and it will probably be my only shotgun that has a pistol grip. I'm wondering if I should get a sidesaddle or an extended tube on it.

Victoriagotagun
03-31-2010, 20:46
I'm wondering if I should get a sidesaddle or an extended tube on it.

Get a sidesaddle because you can't add an extended mag tube to a Mossberg 500. The only 500 model that you can add a mag tube extension is the one with the breacher barrel.

LarryD1130
04-07-2010, 12:04
I think I want to add a side saddle and a vertical foregrip to my shotgun. What are some good brands to get?

JaredAG
04-16-2010, 08:51
I got a Tacstar (sp?) side saddle for mine @ the local shop. Probably will put their forend grip on it too.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z68/kingsandqueensrva/jaredruck001-1.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z68/kingsandqueensrva/jaredruck002-1.jpg

LarryD1130
04-16-2010, 09:01
I got a Tacstar (sp?) side saddle for mine @ the local shop. Probably will put their forend grip on it too.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z68/kingsandqueensrva/jaredruck001-1.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z68/kingsandqueensrva/jaredruck002-1.jpg

That looks bad ass. Post another pic if you get the vertical foregrip.