Benelli Nova Questions. HELP?!? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Nova Questions. HELP?!?

Philly K-9
03-27-2010, 17:45
Hey guys, I'm new to the Tactical Shotgun Forum. I have some questions that I need help with.

Today I traded a pistol for a Benelli "NOVA" Tactical shotgun. It's nice. It has an extended magazine tube, a four round sadle, ghost ring sights and a standard stock.

So, how many rounds will this baby hold? I was told that it will hold 7 in tube but when I shot it today it only took 5 2 3/4 in. shells So, what's the deal?

Second, I have short stubby little arms. The Length of pull of almost any shotgun with a rifle style stock is not very comfortable. I really like the stocks with a pistol grip (think M-4). Will my NOVA take an M-4 type stock? If so, any recomedations?

Thanks a lot guys! :wavey:

Victoriagotagun
03-27-2010, 17:58
It will probably only hold 5 in the tube and one in the chamber for 5+1. The Nova has a stock that can't be changed because it is part of the receiver.

Philly K-9
03-27-2010, 18:28
Bummer!

Philly K-9
03-27-2010, 18:37
Any way to shorten he LOP?

mixflip
03-27-2010, 19:02
The Nova unfortunately has a built in stock/reciever so no pistol grip stocks for the old Nova. That one of the reasons why Benelli vame out with the SuperNova.

If its an 18.5" barrel then it should hold 6 (2 3/4" shells) in the mag tube, plus one in the chamber? Mine does but mines a SuperNova? They shoul dbe the same though?

Is there a plug in the mag tube?

Sorry about the LOP. I dont know if Benelli offers interchangeable buttpads?

Btw, you are good to go with a traditional buttstock for a fighting shotgun in my opinion unless you just want the cool factor of a pistol grip?

hongster
03-27-2010, 23:38
I had the same issue with the LOP. I just cut the stock a little bit and put on a limbsaver slip on pad.

Philly K-9
03-28-2010, 08:39
It's 90% the LOP and 10% coolness. It's hard to get a solid grip on the stock without a pistol grip.

Deployment Solu
03-28-2010, 09:02
Choate Machine & Tool (www.riflestock.com)is making extension tubes (+2 & +4) for the Benelli shotguns. I heard they are looking at making a pistol grip stock for the Super Nova, like they do the Remington & Mossbergs. They used to make stocks for the Benelli shotguns( PG) but there just wasn't enough demand. I see alot of police agencies going to the Super Nova. Maybe they will produce one.

Mr. S
03-28-2010, 10:39
Recoil pads are available to change the LOP

http://www.benelliusa.com/parts_and_accessories/recoil_pads.php

stopatrain
03-28-2010, 11:00
If it fits you it's a nice shotgun.

Victoriagotagun
03-28-2010, 11:26
Choate Machine & Tool (www.riflestock.com)is making extension tubes (+2 & +4) for the Benelli shotguns. I heard they are looking at making a pistol grip stock for the Super Nova, like they do the Remington & Mossbergs. They used to make stocks for the Benelli shotguns( PG) but there just wasn't enough demand. I see alot of police agencies going to the Super Nova. Maybe they will produce one.

The OP has a Nova not a SNT.

Glock2008
03-29-2010, 07:09
Have you removed the extension tube to see if there is a rod in the magazine tube limiting capacity? Aside from that, the benelli nova is a great gun as long as it fits you. Maybe trade up and get a supernova then you will have more options for the stock.

polizei1
03-29-2010, 07:43
Get the M4, problem solved. Fantastic shotgun!

-Cody

Philly K-9
03-29-2010, 08:47
Get the M4, problem solved. Fantastic shotgun!

-Cody

+100000 :50cal:

I wish I could afford one!

Philly K-9
04-04-2010, 19:20
Well, since I can't swap out the stock I simply used a Dermmel and a hack saw to remove an inch from the stock. I ordered a "Limbsaver" slip-on recoil pad. We'll see.......

bsg1
04-07-2010, 00:10
Well, since I can't swap out the stock I simply used a Dermmel and a hack saw to remove an inch from the stock. I ordered a "Limbsaver" slip-on recoil pad. We'll see.......

i hope your effort will yield good results for you.

-Brady-

Philly K-9
04-07-2010, 14:31
I'll get to try it our this week. I'll post how it works out!

KalashniKEV
04-07-2010, 14:44
Just out of curiosity, what did you trade?

Philly K-9
04-07-2010, 14:48
Just out of curiosity, what did you trade?

A fairly new Sig Sauer P238, the new little 1911 style .380. I also got a new Ruger LCP .380 in the deal in addition to the shotty.

bsg1
04-10-2010, 05:26
A fairly new Sig Sauer P238, the new little 1911 style .380. I also got a new Ruger LCP .380 in the deal in addition to the shotty.

i believe you did just fine in this trade....

-Brady-

Philly K-9
04-10-2010, 18:41
Well, I just got back from the range and I can now say that I'm in love!!! I fired low brass bird shot, full brass 00 Buck and 2 1/2 slugs. I really love this weapon!!!

Eagles1181
04-10-2010, 19:31
Glad it worked out for you.

Eagle :eagle:

simplyrob
04-12-2010, 02:00
Have you removed the extension tube to see if there is a rod in the magazine tube limiting capacity?

not trying to thread jack here, but, i cant figure this out (removing the limiter that is). just bought the same shotgun this past weekend, and spent a bit messing with the magazine tube trying to remove the limiter. i had the manual in front of me but couldnt understand the language used. any help here would be appreciated.

Philly K-9
04-12-2010, 06:47
not trying to thread jack here, but, i cant figure this out (removing the limiter that is). just bought the same shotgun this past weekend, and spent a bit messing with the magazine tube trying to remove the limiter. i had the manual in front of me but couldnt understand the language used. any help here would be appreciated.

You most likely don't have one. A limiter is usually a wooden or plastic stick used to take up room in the mag tube thus restricting the number of shells. you would have seen it right away.

simplyrob
04-12-2010, 11:50
You most likely don't have one. A limiter is usually a wooden or plastic stick used to take up room in the mag tube thus restricting the number of shells. you would have seen it right away.

no, it has a limiter for sure, could only put 2 rounds in the tube and then 1 in the chamber. manual even states "your new nova is shipped from the factory with a plastic rod in the magazine that limits the magazine capacity to two cartridges to comply with federal migratory game regulations".

heres the part i dont understand.
3) insert and hold a screwdriver blade into the opening in the magazine tube to capture the spring and retainer when they are released.
4) using a pair of snap ring or needle nose pliers, squeeze the retaining ring together. the spring pressure will allow it to come out of the tube and slide up the screwdriver shaft.

:steamed:

triggerjerk
04-12-2010, 13:10
It is an easy job with snap ring pliers.
Do you have a pair? You can get a pair of internal/external snap
ring pliers from home depot for 20 bux . . .
All you do is put the nipples on the end of the snap ring plier into the holes
on the snap ring and compress the ring and pull out. Voila.

A screwdriver blade also works.
If using the screwdriver blade, just work it under the ring in an upwards back and forth motion until it comes out of the tube. Just be careful about the spring jumping out once the snap ring clears the tube.

simplyrob
04-12-2010, 14:06
got it. feel like a total dumbass, but, thanks for the help. stupid manual.

babarracing
04-15-2010, 21:27
:wavey: I have one. I bought a Benelli mag tube extension. It a 2 0r 3 shot extension I don't remember. But it definitely holds 6 three inch triple ought bucks in the tube and one in the chamber. With about 1 inch or so follower travel left in the tube. I had to have my tube extension "Bear Coated" as as blued carbon was the only tube extension they had. Got Benelli at Jensen arms before they moved probably got mag extension there too. Older than dirt so I don't remember. There was a plastic I think limiter in the O.E.M. tube and the mag tube cap has a detent ball to keep it in place. Wanna trade for an 870 with folder and 18 to 20 inch barrel?