Kahr Accuracy? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Accuracy?

GOOFA
03-28-2010, 12:11
Just how accurate should one realistically expect a Kahr to be? I find myself unhappy at times with its accuracy because of the results I obtain with my other pistols. What kind of accuracy are you generally getting with your PM9's @ 21ft offhand? How about your CW9's? :dunno:

JimBianchi
03-28-2010, 12:25
My MK9 is very accurate. I can put them all in the 8-9 ring at 30ft off-hand, rapid fire.

I even took a point shooting progression course with it last year and I had the best groups out of the class. Everyone else was shooting full size guns, G21, XD9, G30, Colt 1911, SIG220, from what I remember.

Patchman
03-28-2010, 15:00
There's inherent accuracy and there's practical accuracy. I would imagine every Kahr pistol's inherent accuracy is better than its practical accuracy. If you're serious about finding out the gun's inherent accuracy, you need to shoot it from a benchrest, etc... And of course, each pistol is going to be different.

viniglock
03-28-2010, 16:57
The gun is tool, and the rest will fall under the user.

gb6491
03-29-2010, 00:58
What kind of accuracy are you generally getting with your PM9's @ 21ft offhand? How about your CW9's?
While it's not a 9mm, I've been pleased with the accuracy of my CW45.
Here's a target (TQ15) that has three magazines worth of 230gr. ball shot on it (two mags at 10 yards and one at 25 yards, all two handed standing):
http://i50.tinypic.com/333kdnm.jpg
Regards,
Greg

PlayboyPenguin
03-29-2010, 02:21
Just how accurate should one realistically expect a Kahr to be? I find myself unhappy at times with its accuracy because of the results I obtain with my other pistols. What kind of accuracy are you generally getting with your PM9's @ 21ft offhand? How about your CW9's? :dunno:
I have found my Kahr to be extremely easy to shoot and very accurate for such a small gun. I really took to the trigger because I am a revolver lover. if you have limited revolver experience you might be finding the trigger to be a bit of an adjustment.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/PlayboyPenguin/Targets/PM9target.jpg

viniglock
03-29-2010, 12:15
I have found my Kahr to be extremely easy to shoot and very accurate for such a small gun. I really took to the trigger because I am a revolver lover. if you have limited revolver experience you might be finding the trigger to be a bit of an adjustment.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/PlayboyPenguin/Targets/PM9target.jpg

Quite deadly!:wow:

alnitak
03-30-2010, 07:25
There's inherent accuracy and there's practical accuracy. I would imagine every Kahr pistol's inherent accuracy is better than its practical accuracy.
Agreed. When I researched the PM9 before purchasing, the test reviews indicated 2.5" groupings at 25 yards from the bench. Certainly, inherently very accurate (part of the reason I went with the PM9 and its polygonal barrel over other options). For me, I can shoot 2" groups at 10 yards offhand -- good enough for my purposes, and I would consider a head shot at 15 yards in a hostage situation to be very doable.

GOOFA
03-30-2010, 11:20
I would consider a head shot at 15 yards in a hostage situation to be very doable.

What!

USDMike
03-30-2010, 12:37
My MK9 is very accurate in the right hands. Unfortunately, those hands are not mine.

user
03-30-2010, 16:27
A lot of folks automatically blame the shooter for inaccuracy. I usually question the gun, first, because I've gotten some real lulu's. Had a GP100 that shot two inches to the right at 21 yards with the rear sight adjusted all the way over, because the barrel wasn't aligned properly (for example).

But in this case, I've got to question the shooter first. Because in my experience, Kahrs are the most accurate out of the box of any semiauto. When I got my PM9, I was mystified at first because I'd shot six rounds and there were only three holes. Then I discovered the bullets were going through the same holes. And those holes were all within an inch, and two were touching. That was a seven yards, aiming carefully, and resting the hands on a block. I suggest you try the same shooting technique, making sure you've got a good grip on the gun. If you've got big hands, that grip may be too small for you to control, particularly if you're using high pressure ammunition.

Chuck54
03-31-2010, 15:00
I didn't feel too bad about this group with WWB 115 bulk pack

larry1096
03-31-2010, 15:27
I know that, in my hands at least, Kahr's seem mechanically accurate, but challenging to shoot due to the DA trigger.

While I can shoot a DA trigger acceptably well, I don't think I'll ever shoot off-hand 1 1/2" groups with one at 25 yards; something I can do with a tuned 1911, if all is well with the world.

If one consistently shot only DA and practiced enough, I suspect a Kahr would be a very accurate sidearm; just tougher to shoot well, at least for me.

Larry