Barrel rifling [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Barrel rifling

Concealed30
03-28-2010, 16:57
After cleaning my G30 after shooting this weekend I noticed in the barrel like a brownish color in the rifling of the barrel when i took a mini-mag to look deep in it. The weapon was born in 2006 I have estimated 2000 downrange rounds. I keep it oiled and clean all the time, a fanatic about it really. Just wondering if the solvent (I just used a brand new brush) im using is not getting everything out of the rifling. It does not look like rust, I have cleaned a rusty barrel b4. I use Hoppes #9 for the entire life of weapon. Should I soak it in something else overnight and try again. I have never in my life soaked a barrel. Or this this just wear related? Thanks in advance...G30

JohnKSa
03-28-2010, 17:24
Sounds like copper fouling/jacket fouling. Get one of the new foaming bore cleaners and follow the directions on the container.

Brucev
03-29-2010, 13:19
Hoppes is good for removing lead, powder residue, etc., but it is not a copper solvent. Try some Sweet's 7.62 or Shooters Choice. There are other brands that are also effective. Look for a solvent that specifically addresses the removal of copper.