Adobe Flash 8 and XP 64 bit SP2 ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Flash 8 and XP 64 bit SP2 ??

Big Dog Dad
03-28-2010, 19:58
My daughter recently bought a new laptop and had her geek squad friend dumped vista, wiped the machine and reinstalled XP 64 bit SP2 or 3. Now she wants to look at some job sites and they require Flash 8 to be downloaded before she can access them. The problem is that Adobe doesn't support the 64 bit yet. Can she download the 32 bit google chrome browser and then install the Flash app or she going to run into problems with the 64 bit XP OS? Any help would be appreciated because this is starting to get out of my ability.

-=BDD=-

Sgt. Schultz
03-28-2010, 20:50
Windows XP x64 comes with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer ... just launch the 32 bit version and update it.

MavsX
03-29-2010, 06:36
also, you can always install a 32 bit version of any program. Ideally, you would use the x64 bit version, but those programs don't always exist in 64 bit flavors yet. For instance, i have windows 7 64 bit, but firefox doesn't have an official 64 bit release, so if i want to use firefox, i have to use the 32 bit version. It works great; i'd imagine you can use the chrome browser as well if that is your plan. And like schultz said...there should be two versions of internet explorer installed..a 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

also, your girlfriend's geek squad friend did a good job. vista sucks, and using a 64 bit OS is the way of the future. :)

Big Dog Dad
03-29-2010, 11:14
I appreciate the info, but can you give me explicit instructions on launching the 32 bit IE so I can relay them to her. Thanks in advance!

-=BDD=-

Sgt. Schultz
03-29-2010, 11:33
I appreciate the info, but can you give me explicit instructions on launching the 32 bit IE so I can relay them to her. Thanks in advance!

-=BDD=-
More then likely she is running the 32 bit version because the 64 bit versions icon label reads "Internet Explorer (64-bit)" ... there will be a couple of IE icons, launch one and then go to Help - About Internet Explorer. If she is running the 64-bit version the About Internet Explorer window includes a 64-bit descriptor label where the 32-bit version does not.

MavsX
03-29-2010, 11:52
what sgt. schultz said. good luck big dog!