St. Thomas USVI [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : St. Thomas USVI

Glock30 Guy
03-28-2010, 20:36
Well I heard through the forum that I can't carry here but wife is making me go anyway :crying:. She mumbled something about not picking our vacation spots based on my reciprocal permit agreements :steamed:...makes no sense to me but...

Looking for some feedback about St Thomas from those that went. Good places, where to avoid, etc... We are staying at a Marriott Frenchman / Morning Star for a week and going in July. Thanks

Glock30 Guy
03-29-2010, 05:51
Nobody ever been to USVI??

Free Radical
03-29-2010, 06:21
Oh yea, I've been there, but I was taught at home that if I don't have anything nice to say, to say nothing.

Glock30 Guy
03-29-2010, 11:48
Please elaborate Bubbala....

Free Radical
03-29-2010, 12:51
I suppose that I do owe you an explanation. First, I should say that St. Thomas and the rest of the islands do have much to offer in the way of fun in the sun. The Caribbean, sailing, fishing, etc. The opportunity to visit the other islands and especially the British Virgin Islands. The music scene is pretty cool too if you're into the whole steel drum Calypso deal. Plenty of good Reggae too. That said St. Thomas is pretty much one, big tourist trap. Get used to paying 50 bucks for lunch. In fact, bring plenty of money because you're gonna need it. Then there's the locals. They don't like you. The only folks that will be pleasant to you have their hands out for your money. There is a strong anti white undertone. Somewhere in my boxes of travel photos I have a picture of me leaning on a stop sign in St. Thomas. Painted on the back of the sign it says **** white people. An interesting place to visit, but I won't be going back.

Glock30 Guy
03-30-2010, 15:48
Yikes...maybe I can get her to change her mind...