New to Kahrs with a MK9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New to Kahrs with a MK9

Jason12345
03-29-2010, 16:53
Several Glocks in the stable, and as of yesterday afternoon I picked up a new MK9 Elite. I only had a few minutes on the way home to run about a dozen rounds through it but I was blown away by the accuracy - all within 3 inches out to 15 yards off hand having never shot this gun before. The trigger feels longer than it really is but it is smooth. I might just have found my new favorite carry gun!

Two questions. I am interested in wood grips for it and searching various forums tells me the factory wood grips are most popular. I like the look of the smooth grips over the checkered but worry about them not having good grip or being slippery. Anyone have experience with that?

Secondly I was actually looking at a standard MK9 but they also had a new elite 98 for $20 less so I went with that. I know that means the gun has probably sat in a distribution warehouse for 7 or 8 years but I understand the only difference between the older elite 98 and the newer ones is the bevel in the mag well. Is that correct? Any concerns with buying the older model?

Thanks!

AZ Traveler
03-29-2010, 18:08
Also the Elite 2003 is suppose to have some mild dehorning. The older models came with a lifetime warranty. The newer models come with a 5 year warranty.

I would not be concerned about a older model.

FYI - At the time the Elite 98 was made, the Elite 98 was the only model with the Elite Trigger. Once the Polymer frame models were introduced, Kahr decided to install the Elite Trigger in all Kahr models, steel and polymer.. This continued until mid 2005, when Kahr introduced the K9 with the NYCPD trigger. (The NYCPD trigger is the old non-elite trigger).

YMMV