Vets Health Care Bill Passes Senate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vets Health Care Bill Passes Senate

Blitzer
03-30-2010, 00:56
Vets Health Care Bill Passes Senate - link here (http://www.military.com/veterans-report/vets-health-care-bill-passes-senate?ESRC=vr.nl)
Week of March 29, 2010
The U.S. Senate recently passed the Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act of 2009. The legislation would strengthen support for caregivers and attendants of veterans and would help ensure veterans in need of institutional care have the choice of receiving care from a family member at home. This bill would provide caregivers of veterans with health care, counseling, support, and a stipend. It also expands services in rural areas and ensures that veterans who are catastrophically disabled or who need emergency care in the community are not inappropriately charged for those services. The bill moves on to the House of Representatives.

:supergrin: :cool:

About time! I had been put out of the hospital 3 days sooner than I would have, two years ago, had the local hospital been assured that they were going to get paid for the emergency care I received.

mitchshrader
04-21-2010, 10:26
Thank you very much for posting this. It affects me directly, and good news isn't common these days.

whenmonkeysfly
05-01-2010, 10:11
I have been placed on medical leave by my attending psychiatrist since February 2, 2010 after an acute exacerbation of my PTSD. I am a service-connected Vietnam veteran for PTSD. I cannot return to work without clearance from my psychiatrist. The absolute worst problem is I cannot get the Saint Petersburg Central Office (Florida) to make a decision (give me an increase in SC). I have contacted Senator Bill Nelson's Office, but Saint Petersburg just can't seem to get things moving. I'm dying here...REALLY! Isn't three months enough time... this was an emergency triage? I have been and really am suicidal! God help me here...PLEASE! My wife and my Faith keep me from putting a bullet in my head (guaranteed) to be appropriately placed - no "attempts" needed. I work in Psychiatry (Licensed Therapist for the VA) and I can't navigate this ******ed-up system. GOD HELP OUR RETURNING TROOPS... hope they get better help through the Compensation and Pension Department than I have....