Rear sights for a sig 556 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rear sights for a sig 556

scaldwell
03-31-2010, 14:28
I just found a sig 556 with optics, but no rear sight. It has the factory front sight. What type of rear sight do I have to buy? Can I use the AR 15 folding or fixed rear sight? Thanks in advance for your help!

glock22357
03-31-2010, 15:26
!. Call Sig Sauer.
2. Shop around the Al GoreWeb for sight sets for your 556, and see if any of the rears will line-up with the factory front sight. You'll proably have to call to get those answers.

WayaX
03-31-2010, 17:33
Here is what you do:

Remove the front sight. It's not standard height and it's not adjustable for height. Scrap it.

Buy either a Samson Industries or Midwest Industries Sig 556 front sight. This sight will use an AR sight post so it's height adjustable, you can put in a night sight, etc. Then go out and buy whatever AR rear sight your heart desires.

Your other option is a Sig factory Diopter. These are not real swiss diopters and are made by the monkeys in NH. They're generally considered junk and not worth the price Sig is charging for them (almost as much as an AR front and rear set).

Jer
03-31-2010, 23:35
I have a brand new take-off S&W M&P15 front an rear sight set if you're interested. They're match-grade and good as new. Let me know because I was going to list them for sale.

woggie
04-03-2010, 19:05
OP, double check and make sure you truly don't have the rear sight. I am not sure about the "newer " 556 but the version I have (had it about 18 months) the rear sight folds down INTO the rail and is covered by the optics when installed. Granted, the BU sights are crap (IMHO) but they do at least work and it probably has them. I have thought about replacing with a better set of BUIS but the ones that came with it work just fine for their intended purpose. Let us know if it has them, also I can take a picture of mine if it will help. BTW, you will like the 556.