Think I Screwed Up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Think I Screwed Up

steve4102
04-01-2010, 06:34
I load for a couple 10MM and have good luck with #7, Silhouette and Longshot. As I can't leave well enough alone I felt the need to try some different powders. I like Speed.

Looking at VV's load data I was impressed with their 180gr loads with N-105. So, I tracked down a pound thinking I was going to find magic in both accuracy and speed.

Then I read all the load data and posts here using N-105. It appears that VV's data is way over stated as far as velocity goes. If I stay within the safe range according to VV I will have weak/mouse fart loads and if I desire to get some speed I will have to go well above VV's published data. Not real happy with either choice.

Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

hill billy
04-01-2010, 15:22
Pipe bombs in the desert are fun.

G20gunner
04-01-2010, 15:40
I load for a couple 10MM and have good luck with #7, Silhouette and Longshot. As I can't leave well enough alone I felt the need to try some different powders. I like Speed.

Looking at VV's load data I was impressed with their 180gr loads with N-105. So, I tracked down a pound thinking I was going to find magic in both accuracy and speed.

Then I read all the load data and posts here using N-105. It appears that VV's data is way over stated as far as velocity goes. If I stay within the safe range according to VV I will have weak/mouse fart loads and if I desire to get some speed I will have to go well above VV's published data. Not real happy with either choice.

Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

I definitely wouldn't go over published data. Just use the data as is and have some nice paper punching loads. Or save the powder for another more suitable cartridge.
Better safe than sorry.

G20gunner:wavey: