Kicking myself! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kicking myself!

ronin.45
04-01-2010, 23:52
My boss told me 6 months ago that he wanted to sell his shotgun. It was a new Benelli M2 tactical with ghost rings and a pistol grip. He wanted $900. I thought about buying it myself, but I have an M1 Tactical that I haven't had any issues with so why spend the money. Another friend finally came up with the money to buy it so my boss brings it to me here at work tonight. When I open the case what do I see. A brand new M4 tactical!:wow: He had no idea what he had. I have to take it to my buddy tomorrow and am kicking myself for not buying it. At least it will be appreciated.

mixflip
04-02-2010, 02:19
Wow, somebody just saved about $500 or $600 on an M4. Cool!

bsg1
04-02-2010, 05:57
don't kick yourself; really, your M1 is a great shotgun and many enthusiasts would relish the opportunity to have one. gaud, now you can join the "ones that got away" club and be an outstanding member. hang in there and let it go....

-Brady-

ronin.45
04-02-2010, 08:34
Thanks Brady. You're right my M1 is still a great gun. I just hate missing out on deals.

ScrappyDoo
04-02-2010, 12:03
In Jan when I was starting to build my "portfolio" as I like to say it, I wanted to find a 930 SPX cause everyone on the net everywhere raved about them and it was shotgun of the year, etc.

A local gunshop that is full of dooshbag workers, it's a popular place but the workers are seriously TERRIBLE, they told me how A- won't find the 930 SPX, b- it's a piece of sheeit, C- check out this....

the music played, the lights dimmed and centered, and it was a Benelli M2 Tactical, ComfortTech stoch, Ghost Rings...

Man oh man.. I seriously believe it burned an impression in my hands shoulders and arms.. It was amazing. It was $1200. I had budgeted UP TO $2G's for my initial purchase(s) of long guns after I got my G23... and I seriously considered the Benelli .. I WANTED IT BAD, it was amazing (M4 is not NJ available/legal) but I had to think on it and didn't get it...

I would up finding a 930 SPX and buying it, and then getting a bunch of other stuff, 3 different .22LR's and even a Benelli Supernova hoping to scratch the itch...

I LOVE what I have now.. but I think I will never be completely satisfied until I get that M2... As for you, I'd be so pi$$$$$$ed brotha! Lol.. It's cool it just wasn't meant to be, The Lord works in mysterious ways right? :crying:

bsg1
04-03-2010, 02:01
Thanks Brady. You're right my M1 is still a great gun. I just hate missing out on deals.

believe me, "the ones that got away" that used to be yours hurt much more than the ones you never had.... but i know how it feels both ways. so let's "buck up" together and move forward with it all.

to the next one....

-Brady-

method
04-03-2010, 07:07
See if your buddy wants to make an easy 50 bucks.

ronin.45
04-03-2010, 08:37
See if your buddy wants to make an easy 50 bucks.

He is well aware it's worth $500 more than he paid.

bsg1
04-07-2010, 00:13
ronin.45... i hope you are feeling better; i know this deal was a bummer for you. believe it or not, others will come your way....

-Brady-

vafish
04-07-2010, 07:38
How good of buddy is he?

You could always tell him your boss was wrong and it was an M1 not an M2. If your buddy still wants it, give him your M1 and keep the M4.

Of course that may cause you trouble sleeping and karma has a way of coming back to you.

ronin.45
04-07-2010, 11:39
ronin.45... i hope you are feeling better; i know this deal was a bummer for you. believe it or not, others will come your way....

-Brady-

Brady, thanks for checking up on me. I'm over it. Now I'm on the lookout for the next deal.:wavey:

ronin.45
04-07-2010, 11:41
How good of buddy is he?

You could always tell him your boss was wrong and it was an M1 not an M2. If your buddy still wants it, give him your M1 and keep the M4.

Of course that may cause you trouble sleeping and karma has a way of coming back to you.

Way too good a friend to screw over.

nitestocker
04-07-2010, 12:43
tell your friend you,ve been realy wanting this gun and if possible would he take your m1 and some cash if hes your friend and knows how much you wanted it he might do it . it dont hurt to ask . give him a fair price. good luck

bsg1
04-10-2010, 20:36

doing the right thing does not always feel good... but it always feels right.
good man....

-Brady-

vafish
04-11-2010, 06:19

If he's that good of a friend you'll still get to shoot it once in a while.

And knowing you done right by a friend is a much better feeling then owning a shotgun.

Nutt51
04-11-2010, 09:17
Just chalk this one up to experience and let her go.
There will be other deals that come along.

bsg1 is right, I am middle age now and know more, but
when I was a young man I didn't have the money to just buy
what I wanted, so I did a lot of trading. Made some bad decisions
that I still beat myself up over.
Traded a 2nd gen. Colt SAA for a new Colt 1911, Dumb.
Traded a used S&W 19 for an used Mossy 20ga. pump, bad trade.
I did learn with time.

bsg1
04-19-2010, 19:49
Just chalk this one up to experience and let her go.
There will be other deals that come along.

bsg1 is right, I am middle age now and know more, but
when I was a young man I didn't have the money to just buy
what I wanted, so I did a lot of trading. Made some bad decisions
that I still beat myself up over.
Traded a 2nd gen. Colt SAA for a new Colt 1911, Dumb.
Traded a used S&W 19 for an used Mossy 20ga. pump, bad trade.
I did learn with time.

and now we are older, stronger, weaker, wiser men....

-Brady-

stopatrain
04-20-2010, 08:42
Nothing wrong with the M1.