Mossy barrel interchangeability [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossy barrel interchangeability

guyandarifle
04-02-2010, 12:57
I recently purchased a 500 Tactical and, for the purpose of multi-tasking, I was going to look into getting a field barrel like the 28" vent ribbed accu-choke. Are there any issues with the extended magazine or other nuances to the Tactical that limit switching barrels?

BckHntr
04-02-2010, 20:00
I recently purchased a 500 Tactical and, for the purpose of multi-tasking, I was going to look into getting a field barrel like the 28" vent ribbed accu-choke. Are there any issues with the extended magazine or other nuances to the Tactical that limit switching barrels?

I am wondering the exact same thing, not sure, i've tried looking around on the internet some tonight, but so far it's not looking so good.

Mad Trapper
04-03-2010, 16:41
If you have the short mag tube you should have no problem. If its the 8 or 9 shot mag I dont think theres any field barrels for it. You could switch out the mag tube.

ScrappyDoo
04-03-2010, 20:05
I WAS gonna buy a longer barrel for my 930 SPX ... to add to the versatility of just having a 18.5" tactical barrel, but it was around 200 bucks + for a new barrel, I got a 24" Benelli Supernova for $329 on sale, so i just got a whole new/extra shotgun. I'd still like a barrel for the 930, hell even the Benelli, but for barrel prices might as well get a new blacktikal boomstick,.

vafish
04-06-2010, 07:04
If you have the short mag tube you should have no problem. If its the 8 or 9 shot mag I dont think theres any field barrels for it. You could switch out the mag tube.

If you have the 20" 8 shot Mossberg 500 your only option for a longer barrel is the Maverick 28" Vent Rib barrel. Part #90241

I have never seen one in person, but they are listed on the Maverick 88 web site.

http://www.maverickarms.com/pages/barrels.htm