Any 9mm loads w/ Rem 5.5 primers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any 9mm loads w/ Rem 5.5 primers

chemcmndr
04-02-2010, 14:47
Has anyone tried any loads for 9mm using Remington 5 1/2 primers and Hodgdon Universal powder? I know they are magnum primers, and some people get by with them by reducing the powder load, but by how much is what I'm wondering. I have 900 of these primers, that would go to waste otherwise, so I'm just looking for a load that's relatively accurate to shoot them with.

Thanks for the help!

GioaJack
04-02-2010, 14:53
Drop your normal load by about 10% and just work back up. If you're already at mouse flatulence you probably won't have to do anything.

Jack

IndyGunFreak
04-02-2010, 15:05
Drop your normal load by about 10% and just work back up. If you're already at mouse flatulence you probably won't have to do anything.

Jack

I agree w/ Grandp.. I mean, Jack.. :)

Someone posted some chrony results not to long ago on the differences of small and small magnum primers( i think it was cci though), and the difference was about 60fps. So if you're not loading close to max, you're probably OK. Probably still a good idea to just start low and work back up again.

Colorado4Wheel
04-02-2010, 17:38
Work it up, Start with just the primer and add .1 gr till it works right. Bring a brass rod and a hammer to the range to beat out the first 20 rounds or so.

Happy April 2nd!!!! ;)

Anyone but me notice we didn't have a April 1st prank around here yesterday?

GioaJack
04-02-2010, 17:50
Happy April 2nd!!!! ;)

I was going to post one but I figured I'd get yelled at... and you know how sensitive I am. :crying:

Jack

XDRoX
04-02-2010, 18:03
Work it up, Start with just the primer and add .1 gr till it works right. Bring a brass rod and a hammer to the range to beat out the first 20 rounds or so.

Happy April 2nd!!!! ;)

Here's a pretty good one. I bet he got a bunch of new reloaders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcORkOcGsIM