New S&W M&P range report! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New S&W M&P range report!

NitLion
04-03-2010, 15:15
Much like My Glock 31, which I got at a steal, I got a great deal on this M&P. Finally got it out to the range today. Not much to say...it shoots great! Put 100 rounds thru it without a hitch. Groups every bit as well as my G31 -here is 19 shots at 25 yards:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5757/mpattherange.jpg

I brought the target in to about 17 yards and was shooting full magazine (15 rnd) groupings at 6" and under.
I was using the medium back-strap and would like to try it with the large...
The trigger doesn't seem to pinch like the Glocks will...
This is a big improvement over the S&W 357sig Sigma

JBarbaresi
04-04-2010, 08:14
good feedback. I've looked at the m&p's at gun stores but never really warmed up to the trigger. it seems like a ridiculously long and soft trigger pull. does it still feel like that when you are shooting?

G33
04-04-2010, 11:02
Cool.
I really like the M&Ps.
Really.
:wavey::supergrin:

G33
04-04-2010, 11:05
good feedback. I've looked at the m&p's at gun stores but never really warmed up to the trigger. it seems like a ridiculously long and soft trigger pull. does it still feel like that when you are shooting?

I clean them right out of the box.
Lube and dry fire a bunch.
Become like a revolver polish trigger.
If you come from revolver country, they are great.
:wavey:

NitLion
04-05-2010, 07:02

I shot this after shooting my P229, so I of course noticed a difference there. I adjusted to the M&P trigger really pretty quickly. The hardest thing was that it has a very quiet, sorta indistinct trigger reset compared to some other semi's. But, with minimal practice, I think you can get accustomed to M&P (unlike the Sigma ) and if this were your only semi pistol, you could get quite good!!

skip a stone
04-11-2010, 02:19
I shot this after shooting my P229, so I of course noticed a difference there. I adjusted to the M&P trigger really pretty quickly. The hardest thing was that it has a very quiet, sorta indistinct trigger reset compared to some other semi's. But, with minimal practice, I think you can get accustomed to M&P (unlike the Sigma ) and if this were your only semi pistol, you could get quite good!!

Will you have a chance to chrono both the M&P and the G31? I'm curious to see just how much of a velocity difference there is in standard rifled barrels and Glocks polygonal rifling.

NitLion
04-12-2010, 07:02
Will you have a chance to chrono both the M&P and the G31?

Nope. Maybe I'll have to do a side-by-side shooting comparison but I have no Chrono........