Anybody Tried Magic Jack Phone ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Tried Magic Jack Phone ?

PEC-Memphis
04-03-2010, 22:24
Anybody Tried Magic Jack Phone service over DSL lite?

JimBianchi
04-03-2010, 23:33
I have it on a cable modem, works great. DSL is not that common in Vegas in fact I don't know anyone who still uses DSL.

The deal I got for MagicJack was excellent! Five years for $99.

For that price, I don't mind the new phone number. (You can't transfer your old number.)

So far (a year), the only caveat I have encountered is you have to dial the area code of every number you dial, even it it is next door.

We have all our common numbers on speed dial so it does not bother us to much.

inthefrey
04-04-2010, 11:02
Works GREAT on a WIRED connection. Don't try using it on a broadband card - nothing but trouble.

Drjones
04-04-2010, 11:43
I have a client who used it in his office and was fairly happy with it - it sure wasn't perfect though.

I used Skype for a long time and I was VERY happy with that. I think it's a lot cheaper too. I know it's free for PC-to-PC calls, only a couple bucks a month to call telephones from your computer.

mikegun
04-05-2010, 00:37
i have one and use it on my puter and comcast, perfect, i callit the last good deal...

Glock 17L
04-06-2010, 23:39
I have one & it has been junk IMO..
It'll drop calls & sometimes jarble up the speaking on one or the other end & you won't even know it..
I've stopped using it & won't renew mine..
I'm on a DSL connection BTW..
Gary

Dalton Wayne
04-06-2010, 23:40
Its ok but not great

m2hmghb
04-06-2010, 23:48
I wonder if the quality of the lines you guys use has anything to do with it. When my cable was dropping packets and being a POS the quality of the phone couldn't have been good. Now that it's working properly I'm thinking of getting that.

HKUSP45Css
04-08-2010, 13:07
I have it working on a cable connection and I love it. Clarity is fantastic (on both ends) and it's cheap.

I also like the fact that if I have to "bug out" (I live in hurricane alley) I can take my home phone with me to anyplace in the world with an internet connection.