Milestone [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Milestone

XDRoX
04-04-2010, 00:48
Special thanks to everyone that puts up with all my questions, which as most of you know, I'm not afraid to ask questions:supergrin:

Tonight I loaded my 1,000th round:milestone:. And a another special thanks to Fred. It was just about 8 weeks ago to the day the Fred drove down and gave me my first lesson in reloading. I've shot more in the last 8 weeks than the previous 8 months.

So far I've shot 950 hand loaded rounds without any issues whatsoever (knock on Jack's cane:fred:). I owe this to everything I've learned from Fred and the forum.

I've loaded with Unique and WST in 9mm and 45. Hopefully my next purchase will be a 10mm and I will get to add that to my list. I also have everything to load 8mm Mauser, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've learned a lot during the 1,000 rounds and hope to continually learn more and stay safe.

Bob2223
04-04-2010, 03:45
Congrats XD !

Yep Fred can even teach an old dog new tricks, he's taught me a few things.

And Jack ? :dunno:

Bob

srd
04-04-2010, 06:18
All right XD !! Before the thing called the internet came about thats how we got people interested and taught them to reload. There is nothing like hands on to show you. You are correct there are a bunch of great knoledgeable people on this forum that luckily are willing to share on the net and in person. Great isnt it !!!

BK63
04-04-2010, 07:45
Just a note on the 10mm, I have a couple of them and finding brass can be a bit difficult compared to everything else. I prefer to shoot 45 as you can get that anywhere. For now I have put the 10's aside and hope that one day the brass will be easier to find. Nobody even shoots them at my range so nothing to pick up off the ground but I do pick up 45's all the time. Good luck with your reloading. There is nothing like loading up a few boxes during the week and then hitting the range on Saturday morning.

robin303
04-04-2010, 08:23
Good going XD. :thumbsup:

fredj338
04-04-2010, 11:17
Just a note on the 10mm, I have a couple of them and finding brass can be a bit difficult compared to everything else. I prefer to shoot 45 as you can get that anywhere. For now I have put the 10's aside and hope that one day the brass will be easier to find. Nobody even shoots them at my range so nothing to pick up off the ground but I do pick up 45's all the time. Good luck with your reloading. There is nothing like loading up a few boxes during the week and then hitting the range on Saturday morning.

Your best bet for 10mm brass is buy in bulk from Star & then pickupo every last one you fire. They'll last quite awhile, but forget finding once fired very often & range pickups would be even rarer.:whistling:

XDRoX
04-05-2010, 12:56
Congrats XD !

Yep Fred can even teach an old dog new tricks, he's taught me a few things.

And Jack ? :dunno:

Bob

All right XD !! Before the thing called the internet came about thats how we got people interested and taught them to reload. There is nothing like hands on to show you. You are correct there are a bunch of great knoledgeable people on this forum that luckily are willing to share on the net and in person. Great isnt it !!!

Good going XD. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys:wavey:

Your best bet for 10mm brass is buy in bulk from Star & then pickupo every last one you fire. They'll last quite awhile, but forget finding once fired very often & range pickups would be even rarer.:whistling:

Hmmm, maybe I should consider a glock 21.

fredj338
04-05-2010, 14:17
Hey Chris, at 1000rds on a single stage, that moves you out of newb status.:wavey: Loading the 10mm makes a ton of economic sense. Brass is the big cost issue though. Heck of a round, just not the deathray some 10mm owners think.:rofl:

PCJim
04-05-2010, 14:55
Congrats, XD, on your milestone.

I'll agree to the scarcity of 10mm brass. In the last three years, I may have picked up 5 or 6 cases out of thousands of other calibers.