Cdnn used glock mag malfunction [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cdnn used glock mag malfunction

Acemedic1
04-04-2010, 07:13
Hey everybody, I recently bought ten of the used LE g22 mags that were on sale from cdnn. I got them in yesterday and checked them all out. Everyone of the mags looked used but in great shape, the springs felt good and they all lock the slide back. The problem is only about half of the mags dropped free. Five or so just stuck, either not budging at all or barely coming out. Anybody have any idea what maybe causing this? I havent had a chance to shoot them yet but this really bugs me. Does anybody know if glock will check them out and repair the malfunctioning mags?....anyway just thought id throw it out there and see what yall had in the way of ideas, thanks agian.

Acemedic1
04-04-2010, 07:34
BTW I meant to ask if anybody has had these problems after they used the mags for a considerable amount of time....just trying to figure out if they are just plain worn out. thanks

a1b2c3
04-04-2010, 10:47
I've seen brand new mags do that. Try cleaning them inside and out and see what happens.

Acemedic1
04-04-2010, 10:59
thanks man, will do.

Acemedic1
04-04-2010, 14:52
any particular way you go about cleaning the outside....prolly gonna take a scrub brush to the things and see what i come up with.

skyugo
04-04-2010, 14:54
i've heard glock will rebuild any mag sent to them with the newest parts for free. i have yet to try it.. i've got some kinda beat old G19 mags, but they still work and i use em a lot.... sooo.

Acemedic1
04-04-2010, 19:18
Has anybody ever shipped mags back to glock? how easy is the process?

JohnKSa
04-04-2010, 19:43
Are they "drop-free" mags? If they're the older style "non drop-free" mags they aren't malfunctioning, that's just the way they work.

Acemedic1
04-04-2010, 21:04
yeah sorry there all drop free-fully metal lined.

Noponer
04-05-2010, 16:03
yeah sorry there all drop free-fully metal lined.

Some of the older FML mags will not drop easily from Gen 3 guns. The thumb rest apparently narrowed the mag well some.

The newer generations of mags (with a taper at the top 1/4 or so), work fine.

Acemedic1
04-05-2010, 17:45
I called this morning and told them about it, the guy said to send them in and he would see what he could do about it so we will see how it goes. This is my first time sending anything back to the factory so Im hoping it goes well, but I havent heard/read anything but great reviews on glock customer service so im not all that worried. Noponer, that may very well be the problem thanks buddy, that just makes all the sense in the world now that you have put it in those terms. thanks agian

bdavis
04-05-2010, 20:05
I have shipped failed mags back to Glock and they have fixed or replaced them.

I also clean dirty mags in the dishwasher. Everything goes in as parts except for the springs. Light oil inside when they come out and reassemble.

Acemedic1
04-05-2010, 20:32
thanks for that idea bdavis gonna have to try that one out

DannyR
04-06-2010, 07:21
F.W.I.W., Glock has never advertised magazines to be drop-free, but most do when empty.

gapi
04-06-2010, 07:28
If you live near Smyrna you can take them in and it will be instantly done.

Noponer
04-06-2010, 18:50
F.W.I.W., Glock has never advertised magazines to be drop-free, but most do when empty.

Danny,

Advertised or not, the reason Glock went to the Full Metal Lined (FML) versions was to satisfy competition shooters who complained about the mags not dropping free.

The original FML mags dropped fine in Gen 2 guns; now, the later versions drop fine from all Glocks.

gapi
04-06-2010, 20:11
When I took my 2nd gen 17 & 21 down for a look-over they replaced all 5 of mine with new drop free units. Then I find out those NY boys would have paid well for them. Heh!