Option to CR Speed Hi Torque...REI/LL Bean nylon? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Option to CR Speed Hi Torque...REI/LL Bean nylon?

YamaLink
04-04-2010, 08:42
Newbie IDPA and IPSC shooter. About to get the CR Hi Torque Speed belt from Chris Patti (believe that's the name of the company). $61 delivered. Everyone tells me the inner belt is idpa legal, the combo for ipsc.

Is a stiff "regular" 1.5" belt from any company, even the likes of a "lifestyle" brand from a farm supply store okay? I read even a Eddie Bauer or American Eagle 1.5" belt would work, or a stiff nylon web belt from a hiking store. The nylon belts look like instructor-style belts and cost about $20 locally.

Anyone gone this route with regret or satisfaction?

dsmw5142
04-04-2010, 09:15
I don't have the new Hi-Torque belt, but my old CR Speed belt is top notch. I hear the new outer belts are a bit thicker which is a good thing. The inner belt would work ok for IDPA. It is a bit thin (the one I have) and there are more stable options though.

I bought a leather/kydex belt from Comp-Tac for IDPA and wear it pretty much daily as an excellent, sturdy IWB holster belt and OWB gun belt for matches.

Bullman, wilderness and others make good options for a pants belt for IDPA. Use the search function and look for 'gun belt', 'sturdy belt' or 'competition belt'. This is brought up quite a bit in many different sub-forums, to include carry issues, general competition and other places.

Either way, Chris at CPWSA is a great guy to deal with and supports our sport. Make sure you order your CR Speed a bit big. If your BELT length is 38" (36" waist pants) I would order at least a 38-40" CR Speed belt. Some overlap is fine, but you definitely don't want it too short where it pops open when you squat down or something.

bisdak
04-04-2010, 11:47
"I don't have the new Hi-Torque belt, but my old CR Speed belt is top notch. I hear the new outer belts are a bit thicker which is a good thing. The inner belt would work ok for IDPA. It is a bit thin (the one I have) and there are more stable options though"

I use wilderness for IDPA. I just started IPSC and planning to buy CR Speed belt. You say the inner belt is a bit thin, is it thinner than the regular belts out there such as the wilderness that I use for IDPA. Thanks.

Hoser
04-04-2010, 16:18
You can use just the inner belt. Just run it through your belt loops.

ecmills
04-04-2010, 22:07
The CRSpeed inner belt is awesome for IDPA use. Your wilderness or other web belt will not leave the closet once you try the CR inner belt. It's twice as thick as the Wilderness belt, and twice as stiff. Makes it super comfortable to wear a holster and 31 rounds all day.

(I have the older design, not the new $$$ CRSpeed)

bisdak
04-04-2010, 22:32
The CRSpeed inner belt is awesome for IDPA use. Your wilderness or other web belt will not leave the closet once you try the CR inner belt. It's twice as thick as the Wilderness belt, and twice as stiff. Makes it super comfortable to wear a holster and 31 rounds all day.

(I have the older design, not the new $$$ CRSpeed)

Now that's the answer I'm looking for. Thanks. Now looking for the best place to buy one :whistling: