Norinco 98? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Norinco 98?

ContractSoldier
04-04-2010, 16:00
I have a Norinco 98 combat shotgun, which is a copy of the Remington 870, it only holds three shells which i think it should hold more. I took the weapon apart today, in the tube is a long plastic spring guide rod that I've not seen in video's of other, Remington 870 video's on You Tube. Does this plastic spring guide rod need to be removed for more shells to be loaded and do i even need this spring guide rod in the first place?.

spikehunter
04-04-2010, 16:13
That would be the magazine plug to restrict the magazine capacity to 2 rounds (for hunting purposes). Remove it and you should be able to get 2 more rounds in the magazine.

ContractSoldier
04-04-2010, 18:09
Thanks. So the plastic guide rod is the magazine plug and needs to be removed?.

Also could a 2 shell extension tube be placed on this shotgun so it can hold 7 shells?

The gun looks like this with 18.5 barrel, mine does not have rear sights, just front bead sight:

http://prsporting.com/images/0148.jpg

I have seen magazine extension tubes on a similar Norinco shotgun, it was a 2 shell extension for a total of 7 shell's, but i cant locate one for this gun.

I would like it to look like this with 18.5 barrel:

http://gaijinpunk.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/870.jpg

wilson133
04-11-2010, 07:21
You have to remove the plastic plug inside the cap at the end of the magazine. Push down and twist the plug and it should come out under spring pressure. This means be careful and don't let it go flying. There will be a rod, probably made of plastic, inside the magazine tube. It is in there loose, just dump it out.
You can put an extension on the magazine. The Remington ones should fit but it will require some metal work to the magazine tube. If you screw it up, it will be an expensive repair. Do a Google search and you will find all sorts of suggestions and techniques.
I went back and forth on the subject myself and decided on 2 paths. I didn't add the extension, I added an onboard shell carrier and trained on reloading. The second path was New York reloads. Used and imported shotguns are cheap and having an extra or 2 also works for me.