Mossberg JIC question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg JIC question

gringogigante
04-05-2010, 16:11
I have one of those Mossberg JIC shotguns that came in a plastic tube. I was thinking about putting a sholder stock on it (it comes with only the pistol grip).

Is this possible?

Jon_R
04-05-2010, 16:20
Sure it is just a Mossberg 500. It won't fit back in the tube though. :tongueout:

gringogigante
04-05-2010, 16:28
Haha! Thanks, bro.

Sure it is just a Mossberg 500. It won't fit back in the tube though. :tongueout:

vafish
04-06-2010, 06:48
Yep just remove the screw holding the pistol grip on and replace with a stock.

Havlin Sales has some great close out prices, as low as $35 for a stock and forearm if you want green synthetic. http://www.havlinsales.com/

You will probably need a longer bolt for the stock as well.

gringogigante
04-06-2010, 07:50
I'm assuming that a stock would come with that bolt, but worse case I can find one.

Yep just remove the screw holding the pistol grip on and replace with a stock.

Havlin Sales has some great close out prices, as low as $35 for a stock and forearm if you want green synthetic. http://www.havlinsales.com/

You will probably need a longer bolt for the stock as well.

vafish
04-06-2010, 08:33
I'm assuming that a stock would come with that bolt, but worse case I can find one.

I ordered the green stock and forearm for my sons 20 ga youth model (damn kid keeps growing, last week at Trap Camp he was using my 12 ga. Guess it's time to put the adult stock on his 20 ga and shoot in myself) and I don't recall seeing a stock bolt in the box.

Best bet would be to call Havlin Sales and ask before you place an order.

ScrappyDoo
04-06-2010, 11:08
I was gonna buy one of these, whats your opinion?

I believe ya can't have too many boomsticks..

fnfalguy
04-06-2010, 19:38
Choate also makes nice synthetic stocks for Mossberg shotguns!

twag4
04-06-2010, 20:42
Goto mossberg's site, you can internet order anything from them from stocks to hardware to mount them. They frequently have sales and you can get barrels and stocks cheap. I got a 18.5" barrel from them for 59.00 shipped just before Christmas.

vafish
04-07-2010, 07:27
I was gonna buy one of these, whats your opinion?

I believe ya can't have too many boomsticks..

The JIC is simply a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip in a big plastic tube.

Buds Gun Shop has the plain Jane 500 with 18.5" barrel, pistol grip and stock for $265 shipped.

The JIC's start at $343 shipped. So you are paying $80 for a plastic tube and not getting the shoulder stock.

For $312 you can get the wood stocked 500 with 18.5" and 28" barrels and both the shoulder stock and pistol grip. If you don't want that full combo buy it anyways, then sell the 28" vent rib barrel and choke tubes for $100 and the shoulder stock for $20 and you have the same thing as the JIC for under $200. If you really want the plastic tube spend $10 bucks at Home Depot for some PVC pipe and end caps.

Personally I think the JIC is pure marketing genius on Mossberg's part. Charge an extra $80 for a $5 piece of plastic. PT Barnum would be proud.