Magazine problem with P380 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Magazine problem with P380

Samned2003
04-05-2010, 20:57
I just bought a new Kahr p380 last week and the pistol has been great. I had a strange thing happen yesterday, however.
I was outside getting ready to get in my truck and I pulled a empty magazine from my pocket to put in the pocket on the side of the door. When I pulled it out i applied a small amount of pressure with my thumb to the baseplate of the magazine. With this pressure the floorplate moved forward and almost came off of the magazine. I thought this was strange and pulled the loaded one out of my psitol to examine it. I applied a small amount of pressure to the bottom of the mag and pressed forward with my thumb. When I did this the floorplate slipped forward which in turn released the locking which allowed the magazine spring to come out of the mag, and sending it into orbit.
I recovered the spring but I have lost the locking plate somewhere in my yard.
Anyway I understand that I will be source of a lot of laughter about this issue, but it concerns me how easily the bottom of the two magazines come loose and become ballistic. LOL

I have never experienced this on any other magazines of this type as the Walther PPK has the same sort of magazine floorplate locking mechanism.

I did not use anything but my thumb to press down and forward on the magazine and it came loose.

I am gonna call kahr tomorrow and see what they say.

I must have pressed the fool button yesterday, but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Samned2003

Gperfection
06-19-2010, 17:28
Yup, happened today. I don't think it is much of an issue if the mag is loaded though. When it is empty that little button on the floor plate depresses very easy