Damage to ejector on trigger housing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Damage to ejector on trigger housing

djgio
04-06-2010, 10:59
I was hoping to confirm my fear that I have damaged the ejector on my G21. Using a loop cable gun lock, the slide got away from me as I put the cable through the chamber. I have attached a picture of what I saw when I looked inside. Looks to me that I bent the ejector :crying:.

I guess I have three questions.

First, did I in fact bend the ejector? On my other Glocks the ejectors are straight and I never recall seeing it bent on my G21.

Second, is this an easy fix or should I go to a gun smith? I have found the trigger houssing with ejector for $8. I imagine labor to replace it is going to be about $50.

Third, how do you use a loop gun lock? I have decided that I will remove the slide in the future and loop the cable through the reciever. I don't like leaving the slide locked open for extended periods of time and I don't like it closed on the cable.

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Dan

JR
04-06-2010, 12:19
Dan
1 The ejector is fine. That is the way it is manufactured. No need to change out the trigger housing.
2 Never pay a gunsmith to do an easy job like this. I highly recommend you pick up a copy of "The Complete Glock Reference Guide" and do the work yourself. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186 I guarantee this easy to read instruction manual will walk you through any and every little detail you want to do to your Glock.
3 If you really want to use a gun lock I recommend you loop the cable through the mag well and out the ejection port. Drop (ease it down) the slide on the cable and be done with it.

djgio
04-07-2010, 13:35
JR, Thanks for the comments. What a relief!! I have seen that book before on line. I think it is time to order it.

Thanks again.