Who has adj. mepros on a G20? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who has adj. mepros on a G20?

DrtyHarry
04-07-2010, 08:27
How do they work for you? Do you find that the sights sit too high or not? I just put them on but have yet to zero them in.

DH

AJE
04-07-2010, 10:22
They work just fine on mine. They do have some sharp edges on them is the only negative I've found. I took a nice scrape out of the shelf in my safe with the edge of the rear sight.

Once set to the point of aim, it doesn't sit too far off of the slide on my gun.

DrtyHarry
04-07-2010, 12:18
They work just fine on mine. They do have some sharp edges on them is the only negative I've found. I took a nice scrape out of the shelf in my safe with the edge of the rear sight.

Once set to the point of aim, it doesn't sit too far off of the slide on my gun.

Nice! Tell me, do you have a carry rig for it? The front sight blade is rather high and am not so sure if it will fit most holsters made for a G20/21sf. I'm going to be looking for an IWB holster for it...in leather. Sorry for going OT.

DH

Kegs
04-07-2010, 18:56
I have a set of adjustable Novak's on one slide and a set of Adjustable Dawson precision on the other - the Dawson precision are the better sights - I don't have any problems with them catching on either of my holsters - though I spec'd my Phantom light holster to work with these types of taller front sights.

AJE
04-07-2010, 21:02
Nice! Tell me, do you have a carry rig for it? The front sight blade is rather high and am not so sure if it will fit most holsters made for a G20/21sf. I'm going to be looking for an IWB holster for it...in leather. Sorry for going OT.

DH

The only holster I have that will work for it is a Fobus. I have a 6" slide on it so it won't fit most of the regular Glock holsters anyway. It's not a CCW gun, just a deer hunting and plinking.

527varmint
04-15-2010, 13:48
Lets see picture of those mepro adjustables installed thinking about getting a set here.

Or maybe I should get the fixed mepro sights? Are the fixed and adjustables the same height?

DrtyHarry
04-15-2010, 15:00
Lets see picture of those mepro adjustables installed thinking about getting a set here.

Or maybe I should get the fixed mepro sights? Are the fixed and adjustables the same height?

I'll take a pic later on and post it for you. I have both fixed and adjustable mepro night sights on my Glocks. The adjustables are NOT the same height, as the rear sight sits higher up and that has to be compensated by bringing the front sight up higher. Pics on the way.

DH

DrtyHarry
04-16-2010, 00:02
Pics...hope they came out ok.

DH

527varmint
04-16-2010, 11:56
I just did it! I ordered an OD green G-20 from glockmeister with mepro fixed sights! I went with the fixed sights so it will be easy to find a holster, low profile, and strong. This gun is a woods carry only. Its going to see hundreds of miles of hiking and predator calling so I thought the fixed ones might be better, not to mention less money.

CanyonMan
04-16-2010, 13:47
I just did it! I ordered an OD green G-20 from glockmeister with mepro fixed sights! I went with the fixed sights so it will be easy to find a holster, low profile, and strong. This gun is a woods carry only. Its going to see hundreds of miles of hiking and predator calling so I thought the fixed ones might be better, not to mention less money.

Well Congrats man. I thought you had got a G20 loooong a go when we were kicking a few things around back and forth. At any rate, you'll be very pleased with it. I hope you reload. ;)

EDIT NOTE ! I Just saw on another thread your post about buying the G20. Gocha now ! ;)

Have fun
Stay safe.

CanyonMan