Help End Breast Cancer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help End Breast Cancer

BobInTX
04-08-2010, 20:37
My daughter is participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.

She will walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

She is walking in memory of my mother, who died from breast cancer when she was 34 years old.

My daughter has committed to raising $2300. She has raised 31% of her goal.

If you could visit her page, and read her story and make a small donation she would really appreciate it.

The link is http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/DallasFtWorthEvent2010?px=4795248&pg=personal&fr_id=1465&et=ZkAUQenXJTguYtoh6RoStQ..&s_tafId=384080 Please click on "Click to donate to Sara in 2010" on the left side of the page to donate.

Thanks so much,
Bob

BobInTX
04-09-2010, 21:15
Bttt.

Lone_Wolfe
04-09-2010, 21:25
Bob I went to that page and clicked over to the donation page and they ask for way too much information. Do you know if they can take paypal? I'd even be willing to send the money to you to give to her.

BobInTX
04-09-2010, 22:25
Wolfe, at the bottom of her page is a form you can print if you want to mail them a check. Or let me know and I can Pm you my address.

Thanks,
Bob

Lone_Wolfe
04-11-2010, 17:32
I saw that. It would take forever for my check to get there from here. Do you have a paypal address, I could send the money through you?

BobInTX
04-12-2010, 07:55
LW,

Yes, I have a Paypal acct. I'll PM you with the details.

Thanks,
Bob

Mona1986
04-20-2010, 19:16
You daughter did the meaningful thing and i will be a supporter for her.

BobInTX
04-20-2010, 19:58
Thank you, Mona. All help is appreciated.

She's at $950 now. 31% of her goal.

BobInTX
04-27-2010, 15:06
Bttt.

BobInTX
07-07-2010, 20:21
My daughter is participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.

She will walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

She is walking in memory of my mother, who died from breast cancer when she was 34 years old.

My daughter has committed to raising $2300. She has raised 31% of her goal.

If you could visit her page, and read her story and make a small donation she would really appreciate it.

The link is http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/DallasFtWorthEvent2010?px=4795248&pg=personal&fr_id=1465&et=ZkAUQenXJTguYtoh6RoStQ..&s_tafId=384080

Please click on "Click to donate to Sara in 2010" on the left side of the page to donate.

Thanks so much,
Bob

I'm bumping this up again. My daughter has raised 44% of her goal thanks in part to you GT'ers.

The event is in Dallas in November. She would appreciate your donation of any size, because if she doesn't meet her goal she has to make up the difference herself. She doesn't have that kind of money.

How about this? I will match any donations that come from folks on Glocktalk from now until August 1, up to $1000. Just indicate GT beside your name (or you can put your GT username instead of your name) in the comment box. I will make my donation on August 2. I'm dead serious. PM me if your donation doesn't show up right on the Komen website or if you've already donated and want to be included in the match.

Thank you all for donating to a worthy cause.

Bob

sawgrass
07-07-2010, 21:05
I'm bumping this up again. My daughter has raised 44% of her goal thanks in part to you GT'ers.

The event is in Dallas in November. She would appreciate your donation of any size, because if she doesn't meet her goal she has to make up the difference herself. She doesn't have that kind of money.

How about this? I will match any donations that come from folks on Glocktalk from now until August 1, up to $1000. Just indicate GT beside your name (or you can put your GT username instead of your name) in the comment box. I will make my donation on August 2. I'm dead serious. PM me if your donation doesn't show up right on the Komen website or if you've already donated and want to be included in the match.

Bob

Bob,pm your address and I'll mail you a check.
I'm assuming it's like the other Susan Komen events
and you make it out to the event. My best friend who
is coming next week is a double breast cancer survivor.
Sawgrass

BobInTX
07-07-2010, 21:36
Thanks, SG, will do.

Anyone else wishing to make a donation by check, please print out this form http://www.the3day.org/site/TRGiftForm?fr_id=1465&px=4795248 and mail it to the address shown on the form with your check made out as directed. I'm not sure your donation will appear on the honor roll on her site, so PM me with the amount you donated if you want me to match it, along with whatever name you put on your form.

sawgrass
07-07-2010, 21:57
Thanks, SG, will do.

Anyone else wishing to make a donation by check, please print out this form http://www.the3day.org/site/TRGiftForm?fr_id=1465&px=4795248 and mail it to the address shown on the form with your check made out as directed. I'm not sure your donation will appear on the honor roll on her site, so PM me with the amount you donated if you want me to match it, along with whatever name you put on your form.

Bob, I donated online using the link.
That is a beautiful picture of your mother.
I'm sorry that you lost her at such a young age.
Sawgrass

BobInTX
07-12-2010, 21:03

Bob
Update:

$290 raised on Glocktalk. 50% of goal.

BobInTX
07-31-2010, 18:44
Bump.

I'm extending the match deadline to midnight, August 2. Any donations would be appreciated, no matter how small.

BobInTX
08-03-2010, 09:01
Bump

Guys, only two days left in my challenge match. I will match any contributions made by GT'ers through midnight August 2. Just put GT beside your name on the honor roll. If you pay by check using the form please let me know by PM.

Any contribution would be appreciated no matter how small. Let's put her over the top! Make me pay.
Thanks to everyone who has donated on Glocktalk to my daughter's walk for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in Dallas in November. You contributed $290, so I made my matching donation this morning of $290. You can check the honor roll to see that I made good on my promise here http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/DallasFtWorthEvent2010?px=4795248&pg=personal&fr_id=1465&et=ZkAUQenXJTguYtoh6RoStQ..&s_tafId=384080 and scroll down to the left side of the page.

If anyone else would like to make a donation I will still match any contributions made through October 15. Just put GT beside whatever name you put on the honor roll.

She is now at 66% of her goal, and just needs $778.

Thanks again,
Bob

BobInTX
09-17-2010, 10:01
I just thought I would update everyone on this. My daughter made her goal of $2300, plus some! :woohoo: Thanks to everyone here who helped. If anyone else would like to contribute, send me a PM and I will tell you how to get to one of her teammate's sites that still needs money.

Lone_Wolfe
09-17-2010, 11:00
That's great, Bob. Tell her congrats and thank you for doing that.