Banning the Gun Ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Banning the Gun Ban

i_am_infinity
04-09-2010, 00:24
This article came from a Newspaper active in promoting permanent Gun Ban.

Manila Bulletin
Metro Corner: Banning the ‘gun ban’
By ERIK ESPINA

"When a people is gagged; when its dignity, honor, and all its liberties are trampled; when it no longer has any legal recourse against the tyranny of it’s oppressors; when its complaints, petitions, and groans are not attended to; when it is not permitted even to weep; when even the last hope is wrested from its heart, then! then! then! it has left no other remedy but to take down with delirious hand from the infernal altars the bloody and suicidal dagger of revolution!

Jose Rizal

The genesis of our nationhood was guarded by the sword; flame hardened tips of bamboo poles; & even mini-canons, wielded & crafted by our warrior nature, in defense of native liberties and the markings of a burgeoning civilization. Each century written in epic struggles validated in numerous uprisings & martyrs, to protect, initially, communal territories against those who would make of tribal-doms along rivers and in distant islands, reduced subjects, under one territory to a foreign crown.

Under three invasions experienced under Colonial Spain, the United States and Imperial Japan, above Jose Rizal quote for blood & revolution is the highest edification for patriotism.

For purposes of our discussion, the question that needs posing is -- should an Indio, voluntarily surrender his sword or his weapon, in obeisance to an edict of an occupying enemy? Must a native not bear arms, when he has the means, because of horrid Rizalian conditions described? The answer is obvious under said clear cut conditions of foreign tyranny & oppression.

What of extending the question, to a domestic government? How must the citizen of the Republic respond to e.g. another Martial Law or Dictatorship ordering legal gun holders to surrender their firearms? Even under the pretext of safe-keeping? If history is our basis, was not such an order from authorities, nothing more, than actually disarming the civilian population for fear the indio, the native had by historical precedent, the inherent “natural/political – right to defend his liberties? His community? To revolt in just cause by arms, whether against foreign or home grown tyrants and oppressors? In such authoritarian atmosphere, is not a true patriot one who is ready to defend his people against such a government? As an aside, what happened to thousands of firearms surrendered to the Philippine Constabulary during Martial Law? Should not an inventory or Fact Finding Board determine the question? Must somebody be held accountable for the loss and destruction of private property? Or do we move on & close the books?

Of recent, reports to maintain a permanent gun ban for reasons crime has significantly gone down is totally misplaced logic. Law abiding citizens carrying firearms are not the first perpetrators of crime. The good news of declining criminality is not due to the current gun ban imposed by Comelec, but the efficacy of check points. Ergo, maintain the latter even after the election period particularly in drug prone cities & rebel areas; maritime patrols in sea ports; Operation Bakal in bars etc. But to disallow civilians to protect their lives (those under threat) is suspicious particularly after a first automated election; it is & foolish e.g. provide security, given the insufficiency of the police force, visibility, response time, etc. This is a diminished appreciation of the problem, by exacerbating it, placing good people already at risk further in danger. Only rebels & criminals will be free at every opportunity under this mind set. Ban the gun ban!

jimbullet
04-09-2010, 03:08
Hopefully those who implement the gunban during elections would open their eyes instead of turning a blind eye to the truth that it is only the law abiding individuals who are significantly affected and that criminal minded individuals are indifferent to such law.

bikethief
04-09-2010, 09:06
Begs the question:

"Ang mamatay ng DAHIL sa'yo." OR "Ang mamatay ng PARA sa'yo?"

If it were up to me: "Ang mabuhay na hindi mo ginugulo."

i_am_infinity
04-09-2010, 10:38
What else can we do??? Parang Wala eh...

sandman_sy
04-09-2010, 10:47
Frankly.. we don't have an org like Calguns, NRA or something... i read that these guys really go the extra length in defending the right to bare arms. so.. wala talaga, i heard there was a movement to place us in a bad spot. Akula remembers it.. a proposed anit gun law was railroad and almost passed if not for some Pro Guns senator. patay na... i'd be selling my guns nalang :(

PMMA97
04-10-2010, 00:45
PROGUN is reorganizing with an airsoft advocate as one of the key leaders.

Up until now, IMO, there is no solid countermeasures deployed against the gun ban.

jimbullet
04-10-2010, 00:46
Wasnt that the intention of Progun, to be like the NRA

zorkd
04-10-2010, 04:06
i thought they were in the business of printing stickers

magsasaka
04-10-2010, 07:44
guys, tyrrany??? norinco for sale, pm me, hahaha, $%#$@...
regards...