Kahr - Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kahr - Glock

crasha51pan
04-09-2010, 21:19
Have my CCW and started the search for a easy to conceal, reliable handgun. Had myself convinced about 98%, a Glock 26 was the way to go, then I stumbled on Kahr. These are the weapons that caught my eye, PM9, CW9, and the P9.
Being able to conceal in the summer months is my main concern. In the winter, I could CC a Thompson Contender and knowone would know.
How are the Kahr's for reliability ?
P9 against the G26 ?
PM9 against the CW9 ?
P9 against the PM9/CW9 ?

Which of the three is the best all around CCW ?

viniglock
04-09-2010, 21:38
Love Glocks, but carry Kahrs more PM9 and CW9.

crasha51pan
04-10-2010, 08:14
It's all about the ability to carry concealed for me (several long motorcycle trips this summer). Have heard some say that even being a sub compact, the G26 is still hard to carry. Glocks do have a "very reliable" reputation. How does the PM9/CW9/P9 match up to the Glock?

Liquid
04-10-2010, 19:37
my two pm9s have been fine. i bought a used on a few years back shot a few hundred rounds and all were fine. back in january i picked up a new pm9. after firing 230 trouble free rounds it is my main gun (ccw, car and bedside).

furioso2112
04-10-2010, 20:09
I recommend comparing side-by-side. I have a G26 and a MK9 (subcompact all metal frame). The Kahr is quite a bit smaller - slimmer, shorter, although likely heavier. That said, I carry the G26 far more often than the MK9. I like the MK9, and Kahr's service is great...I got an early model, read some threads after I had it over 5 yrs, noticed the slide was cracked b/t the barrel hole and guide rod assembly hole - e-mailed them, paid to have it sent to them, NQA, they replaced the entire slide with new, sent it back to me. I have no worries about its reliability. I shoot Glocks far more often and the G26 feels more familiar to me, an advantage with carry gun for me. Plus, in the summer, I carry the G26 with a ClipDraw - at 1 o'clock, unchambered. Several people have issues with parts of that, but it's what I often do and am comfortable with. Disappears with shorts and a t-shirt. When I carry the MK9, I use an IWB w/thumbbreak - about the same concealability, but I shoot the Glock better. I use a NY1 trigger with 3.5-lb connector setup - makes a nice, short reset and revolver feel on that first round.

coq
04-10-2010, 22:22
2 different animals. The Kahr PM9 is much smaller, but also very reliable. You need both. Don't argue. Get both. Go now and get them both. Go.

roginoz
04-10-2010, 22:29
I think that you'll find the Kahr easier to carry; it's a single stack, whereas the Glock is a double stack magazine. I just don't care for the subcompact Glock grips (although I do like the Glock trigger better.) For CC, the PM9 is lighter. Mine has been 100% reliable. You may possibly get a little more accuracy with the Glock, due to the trigger, but the Kahr is more than adequate for it's intended purpose. I got the black slide, with night sights. Until Glock makes a single stack 9mm, this is what I'm sticking with.

Patchman
04-11-2010, 11:22
Kahrs are much more concealable than any Glock due to their thinner width. As for reliability, both Glock and Kahr are definitely first rate manufacturers but any "first rate" manufacturer can produce a lemon. And individual gun may also be ammo sensitive.

I CCWed the K9 for many years and never, ever, felt it was too big. Yet I could get a much appreciated full grasp. So I would choose the P9 over of any of the smaller sized Kahr guns.