G35!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G35!!!!

Fire_Medic
04-10-2010, 07:04
Yesterday I got out to the range for the first time with a few of my new toys; G35 OD, MP5 Clone in 40SW, and the G29SF.

I was happy as a pig in you know what, but man the G35 really impressed me. I absolutely love this gun. It's VERY accurate and so easy to shoot with soft recoil. I was placing shots at will where ever I wanted on the target at 7 yards (21 feet). I think it's the most accurate I have ever been with any Glock I have owned to date, and it's bone stock as it came out of the box. Mine is an LE (blue label) gun so it has the standard 5.5 connector in it, and my G35 came with fixed sights. I don't know if Glock has stepped QC up again, or if this gun is well put together because it's an LE package, but this has the best factory trigger of any Gock I have shot/owned to date, nice smooth pull and crisp reset. It also has less play in the slide and with the barrel to slide fit than most other Glocks usually do.

All in all I had a great range day and had fun shooting all 3 guns but the G35 was the highlight of my range trip, aside from my wife telling me her teeth were chattering every time I pulled the trigger on the G29 SF shooting 155gr Hornady XTP ammo ;)

Just thought I would revive this forum a bit and share my happiness with the new G35.
:wavey:

glockster99
04-10-2010, 07:08
Congrat!....I luv mine too...

BillR
04-10-2010, 07:08
Yesterday I got out to the range for the first time with a few of my new toys; G35 OD, MP5 Clone in 40SW, and the G29SF.

I was happy as a pig in you know what, but man the G35 really impressed me. I absolutely love this gun. It's VERY accurate and so easy to shoot with soft recoil. I was placing shots at will where ever I wanted on the target at 7 yards (21 feet). I think it's the most accurate I have ever been with any Glock I have owned to date, and it's bone stock as it came out of the box. Mine is an LE (blue label) gun so it has the standard 5.5 connector in it, and my G35 came with fixed sights. I don't know if Glock has stepped QC up again, or if this gun is well put together because it's an LE package, but this has the best factory trigger of any Gock I have shot/owned to date, nice smooth pull and crisp reset. It also has less play in the slide and with the barrel to slide fit than most other Glocks usually do.

All in all I had a great range day and had fun shooting all 3 guns but the G35 was the highlight of my range trip, aside from my wife telling me her teeth were chattering every time I pulled the trigger on the G29 SF shooting 155gr Hornady XTP ammo ;)

Just thought I would revive this forum a bit and share my happiness with the new G35.
:wavey:
Congrats on the new G35. I just picked mine up a month ago, and it's already one of my favorites also. Awesome pistol!!

das9mm26
04-10-2010, 13:02
Bought my 35 used....with adjustable sights....but they were dead-on the first time I took it to the range.....
Probably 150-200 rounds through it so far (had it about 3 months....) and it's been Glock "Perfection" !!
Enjoy!!!

rfd339
04-11-2010, 11:49
Congrtats on the g35, mine has been super. I use it as my HD gun and have a streamlight tlr-1 attached to it(great combo) with no problems to date.

duncan
02-16-2011, 02:05
I pick my used G35 with Trijicon night sights this Saturday.

Thinking about swapping the night sights onto a G19 I have coming soon.

What sight setups are you guys rocking?

Or should I leave it stock in case I will compete with it?

rfd339
02-16-2011, 03:28
Congrats on the G35. I use trijcons on my glocks . If go competing , go with Warren Tactical series .

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24483/Product/TACTICAL_SERIES_SIGHT_SET_for_GLOCK_reg_

FLSlim
02-16-2011, 08:15
Wow, thanks for the rept. Every time I read a range report on the model I don't own, it makes me want to start shopping again. Maybe I should just stop reading.

SDGlock23
02-18-2011, 17:39
Congrats, the G35 and the G29sf are two of my all time favorites!

duncan
03-01-2011, 02:17
Piggyback Range Report:

I just came back from the range with my new-to-me G35.

Bought a Lone Wolf 40SW barrel for it to save my 40 cal brass for reloading. Other than some soot on the lip of the spent case, the spent cases are in great shape for reloading. No malformations or bulges what so ever!

While it was drizzling (Seattle), we shot about 100 rounds through it.

11 yards, slow fire double taps touching each other. Grouping at about 2"

Was shooting some homeloaded 200 grain Rainier copper-plated rounds light loaded - cases dropping 3' away.

But that barrel did not like some 175 grain LSWCs I ginned up for my SW 610 revovler - thought I'd try just in case. Accuracy was not great but the Lone Wolf barrel reliably feed about 50 rounds.

Planning on running this G35 in IDPA if I can get the time. Polished the stock 5 lbs connector and its a pretty smooth pull but still want to drop a Glock 3.5/4.5 connector in there. Hogue wrap around grip. Was using a 22# Wolff recoil spring and rod too. Meps night sights. Still on the fence about the sights.

Anyone rocking the TFO's. Brownells tech support says they are selling like hitcakes.

http://www.christiangunowner.com/images/tfosights.jpg

Anyone using the Korean G22 mags in their G35? Would love to hear about those.

Glock3540
03-04-2011, 22:04
Love My G35!

mteagle1
03-05-2011, 13:38
Pro's and con's on the Korean mags are that they are best reserved for range use only. As a competition shooter I want my equipment to work any and every time I use it so I will put up with the expense of factory Glock magazines.

redneck1861
03-30-2011, 20:21
I pick my used G35 with Trijicon night sights this Saturday.

Thinking about swapping the night sights onto a G19 I have coming soon.

What sight setups are you guys rocking?

Or should I leave it stock in case I will compete with it?

Just saw this thread. I have 2 Glock 35's, that I use for competition. I shoot USPSA Limited, so I run Dawson FO front sights and Dawson Adjustable rear

Kyle1886
04-02-2011, 14:03
I'd love my G35 more if the counter person didn't feel the need to "show me how to adjust the rear sights. He ran it full up and full left. I think one more trip to the range and it will be as accurate or more so as my G22 (also has adjustable sight but not monkeyed with). Both great shooters.

Kyle

duncan
04-02-2011, 15:54
I just swapped a rear set of adjustable MMC night sights on the rear. I'll add a fiber optic front soon. Hi-Viz probably.

Poohgyrr
05-08-2011, 10:58
Congrats, and it's amazing how well they shoot. Good pistols.

FrankDL
05-14-2011, 15:13
That 35 is one great gun! I've had my 35 for a few months now and it's one sweet shooter! I got a KKM drop-in barrel for it a few weeks ago to start shooting some hard-cast lead, now I'm just waiting for my bullets to arrive. Enjoy that 35!:supergrin:

Kansas Slim
05-14-2011, 16:16
Man, I'm so freakin' jealous. I really want to trick out a G35 and turn it into a Limited-10 gun. Also, it seems like more and more SWAT teams are going to the 35 so that's another vote of confidence.