Value of GAP!? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Value of GAP!?

Trey83
04-10-2010, 19:15
After deciding it was time to get a new primary carry gun since my current EDC was taking the back seat to my LCP I go into my local range. I had decided before hand that If I was going to get a G27 that I might be interested in trading in my G39 for a G22. So I take my G39 into the shop and set it on the counter and ask the guy what It would be worth in a trade and that I was interested in buying a G27. The guy behind the counter takes my gun out of the case and looks it over, I can tell he was impressed with how clean it was. After a minute he laughs and says "I see why you want to sell it" when he noticed it was a GAP model. He said you might as well just try to put it on consignment. So I asked "well what could you give me for it. He said $220 so I laughed back and told him I would be happy to keep it. Oh and this is with exactly 100 rounds through it :upeyes:

He must have forgot that I was interested in the G27 because he just walked away from me. Way to insult someone that is willing to give you money. I went to the salesman that I usually do business with and bought the G27. At least the better man got paid for the deal.

/rant

chad745
04-11-2010, 09:51
I just purchased a brand new G27 myself a couple days ago. But I never had any intention to get rid of the G39 to do it! The value of 45GAP to me is probably much greater than to many other gun-searchers, but it matters little since it will stay with me for the indefinite future. It is a superior round in a few different ways.

I will say that the G27 will fit that little nitche of slightly lighter and thinner...in time when I need that. I like that it has more rounds, so the carrying of the magazine become somewhat optional in my opinion. At least, it becomes optional when the carrying of it becomes more problematic.

Thx-1138
04-12-2010, 08:38
To tell you the truth, used Glocks just aren't going to get what you want for them, especially when you're selling to a dealer instead of a private purchaser.

Face it, a new Glock can be bought for a bit over $400.00 if you shop around. A used one isn't going to sell for much more than $300 - $350, unless the buyer has a special reason to want that particular Glock (specific generation, for example). If you're selling to a dealer, who is just going to turn around and sell it again, you're not going to get more than about $250 for it, again, unless it's an unusual Glock that's in high demand.