G22 9mm conversion problems [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G22 9mm conversion problems

rsm688
04-11-2010, 16:27
Tried this in the gun parts and accessories and didnt get a response, figured this might work better:

Okay well my buddy just called me and is having some problems with his Glock 22 conversion and was looking for help and I can't come up with any good idea for it. He has a G22 with the Lone wolf stainless slide and conversion barrel, G18 33 round magazines, LWD 9mm ejector with trigger overtravel adjustment screw, 9mm extractor. Anyways, he is getting FTE's every single shot and lots of stovepipes. He said it wont cycle at all, he can shoot shots individually dropped in all day fine and it does not jam (brass drops out the magwell), but with a magazine in it jams every single short. Any ideas? I was thinking possibly changing the weight of the recoil spring and swapping the spring loaded bearing. He also said it has problems cycling by hand too and he has to rack the slide pretty hard back to eject the shells properly.

He also just swapped in T.R. Grahams MGSL and a LWD 3.5lb connecter. but that should have no effect on it to my knowledge.

I have an identical setup but with a very custom slide and holo sight mounted on the slide and it shoots 100% pefect.

Thanks,
Spencer

Pierre!
04-11-2010, 19:04
What's the ammo he is using?

rsm688
04-12-2010, 10:17
I just texted him and he said he was shooting Monarch (from Academy sports) 115gr brass ammo, no reloads or laquer rounds or anything

jing1117
04-12-2010, 11:30
Did your friend try other magazines, the regular 17 or 10 rounders?

With the G22 gun that I have, all I needed to replace was the 40-9 (LW) conversion barrel and the magazines - kept everything the same. It eats pretty much everything that I feed it without any problems. One of the things that I would look at is the extractor - if you are using a G22 slide you should be using an extractor for the G22 and not for the G17 (correct me if I'm wrong on this).

randyr5
04-12-2010, 11:46
With all of the wholesale changes that he has made, there is no telling what the problem might be. He needs to go back to square one and swap out one part at a time until he finds the suspect part.

Or...buy a G17 or G19:supergrin:

Glockdude1
04-12-2010, 11:55
When I change from 40 to 9mm with my G22, all I do is swap the barrel and magazine. Nothing else. Works perfect.

I agree with randyr5, he needs to go back to square one and do it all over.

:cool:

DWARREN123
04-12-2010, 13:18
If he is dropping rounds imto the chamber have him check his extractor, dropping rounds in and closing the slide can sometimes damage the extractor.
Should only need a conversion barrel and mag to work, checked the barrel, chamber and feed ramp.

rsm688
04-12-2010, 18:38
He just dropped in like 4 rounds to see if it would work fine that way so I doubt he damaged it. He is using a Glock 17 extractor, I will have him swap back to the 22 extractor and see if that works. The barrel is BRAND new, it now has about 15 rounds through it from attempting to use it. Feed ramp is good, he mirror polished the breech face of the barrel but that should not matter, other than that it is brand spanking new as it was delivered to him 5 days ago from Lone Wolf

-spencer-

mo.glocker
04-12-2010, 19:49
He just dropped in like 4 rounds to see if it would work fine that way so I doubt he damaged it. He is using a Glock 17 extractor, I will have him swap back to the 22 extractor and see if that works. The barrel is BRAND new, it now has about 15 rounds through it from attempting to use it. Feed ramp is good, he mirror polished the breech face of the barrel but that should not matter, other than that it is brand spanking new as it was delivered to him 5 days ago from Lone Wolf
-spencer-
not to sound mean but if the gun worked good as a 40 leave it a 40 if he wants a 9 go get a 19,i always read these headline from ops and i read them ,oh a glock messed up and it is always some kind of modded out gun :dunno: